Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 ventoy not booting
(01-03-2023, 02:07 PM)longpanda Wrote: Please send a video about use wimboot mode to boot Windows ISO file.
would normal and the others be fine? i have a video of both, they are slightly edited but no cuts or anything like that
(01-04-2023, 05:40 AM)sealyyyy Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 02:07 PM)longpanda Wrote: Please send a video about use wimboot mode to boot Windows ISO file.
would normal and the others be fine? i have a video of both, they are slightly edited but no cuts or anything like that
I have a similar problem. Using a Lenovo T450s, with UEFI only a secure boot is off. Booting in normal mode just does not work. These Linux ISOs mostly work with grub2 though. I've tried MBR/GBT, I've tried /NOSB and everything else here... The funny thing is that every other machine I can grab works fine: An extremely old Lenovo R61 on legacy boots everything normally without any problems... Another Lenovo T460, same UEFI only setting and Secureboot off, works just fine. Newer surfaces do too.

I just get a black screen after selecting normal mode... I have experimented with the secure boot feature and also enrolled a key on my machine, but I have already reset the BIOS and set my secure boot keys to default. Not sure what is holding me back, it seems my notebook is the problem, but I just cannot figure out why.
A small list of ISOs i tested, which do not work on my computer but on the extreme old lenovo and newer machines:
desinfect-2023
eset_sysrescue
kasperskyrescuediskneu
ubuntu-22.04.3-desktop-amd64
Acronis-Linux
Acronis-Windows Pe
AcronisTrueImage2020
clonezilla-live-20230426
gparted_live-1.5.0-amd64

Did i somehow break my Notebook while playing with secureboot key enrolling here?
sorry sealyyyy, I'm too lazy to help you
Hello,
I have a similar problem, 1 Lenovo W500, T530, P50, all the boot sticks work maybe about 5-6 times, then it doesn't work anymore, you then have to clean the stick with diskpart, recreate it, then it works again 5-6 times, regardless of whether Wim Boot or Normal Boot. I suspect it's generally due to the Lenovo BIOS, UEFi, unfortunately, so I have to continue using Yumi. Yumi EXfat with Ventoy Bootmanager doesn't work either, so it can only be due to the Lenovo BIOS, UEFI. everything possible has already been tested.
see also
https://forums.ventoy.net/showthread.php?tid=1268