Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved VenToy boot partion + win10 install
Hi

2 TB internal SSD - installed VenToy to the whole disk, but left 100 GB at the end (via Ventoy installer) - VenToy version 1.0.85
Ventoy is working, and I can boot via VHD files that's stored there.

Then I would like to install a Windows 10 on the 100 GB partition from before.
Installation goes well - but now VenToy boot loader is gone, and Windows 10 is loading directly (to the newly installed Win10 OS)

So how do I get the VenToy boot loader back, but still keeps the 100 GB Win10 install at "LocalBoot" option?

Cheers

Thomas
Open Ventoy2Disk.exe and click Update button.
(12-23-2022, 12:22 AM)longpanda Wrote: Open Ventoy2Disk.exe and click Update button.

Thanks for your reply - I tried (and selected the correct disk) nothing changed?
Did the update operation successfully finished?
Upload the log.txt here.
https://pastebin.com/QFxmZK97

Yes, it finished.
There should be an  EFI directory in the 3rd partition.  (3rd partition has name  EFI system partition  and its size is about 100MB)
Rename it from EFI to for example  ABC and retry.
(12-24-2022, 03:18 PM)longpanda Wrote: There should be an  EFI directory in the 3rd partition.  (3rd partition has name  EFI system partition  and its size is about 100MB)
Rename it from EFI to for example  ABC and retry.

I don't have access to the files on the partition. How do I do that?

Couldn't the Ventoy Disk program tool fix it?
I guess that, when you boot the USB drive, your BIOS just skip Ventoy and directly boot the EFI files in the 3rd partition.
(12-25-2022, 11:31 AM)longpanda Wrote: I guess that, when you boot the USB drive, your BIOS just skip Ventoy and directly boot the EFI files in the 3rd partition.

Looks like if I boot a different OS, then I can access the EFI partition, and rename the EFI folder.
After a reboot - VenToy works again.

But now I can not boot the local windows, because VenToy searches for the /EFI folder that I just renamed.....

Maybe we can do something...?
Added the NOT in the previous post.