Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to save reports on Memtest86 Pro
(12-06-2022, 12:07 PM)longpanda Wrote: There are 3 files after you open the img file in 7zip.

0) MemTest86.fat  <----------- Try open this

1) EFI System Parition

2) DMA Test Partition
Hello, this works. By default without changing the location in settings, it will save inside the .img file in 0.MemTest86.fat/EFI/BOOT. Smile I think 0 indicates the partition number of the .img structure. So this is solved, but I think we can optimize this to be easier.

So question, is there a way we can have this save outside of the .img file? Is there a way Ventoy can present the ISO partition to Memtest86 so it can be a save location?

While I can retrieve the reports from inside the .img file, it is not optimal. How can I delete the reports from inside the img? They will pile up and become cluttered. There is also no easy way to change the configuration file of Memtest86.

What is the best way to extract the img to EFI folder? I've used 7-zip and it works.. is this the best way? If I use this method I would be able to easily modify the configuration file and retrieve the report files, however when I use this method it fails to write. I'd rather have an EFI folder for Memtest86 because it will be easier to retrieve reports without having to use 7-zip and extract them from inside an image, and it will be easy to delete previous reports, and you can modify the configuration files.

Can you please do testing by extracting the EFI folder and booting BOOTX64.efi and try to fix the writing error?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to save reports on Memtest86 Pro - by GTAXL - 12-06-2022, 04:33 PM