Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to save reports on Memtest86 Pro
(12-05-2022, 03:55 AM)longpanda Wrote: 1. Firstly use the following CI release:
https://github.com/ventoy/Ventoy/actions...3616617036
https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_github_ci.html

2. Boot memtest86-usb.img with the above CI release,  then test and save the html report and finally power off.

Then find the memtest86-usb.img file and open it with 7zip (https://www.7-zip.org/) and you will find the html report at  /MemTest86.img/EFI/BOOT as in the attachment. 
You just need to extract it from the img file.
Hello, thanks for the quick response. I have updated my Ventoy to the CI build you listed. I copied over my memtest86-pro-usb.img file onto my Ventoy drive and am booting directly from the .img rather than the extracted EFI folder. Same setup you are using, however I have the Pro version of Memtest86. When I save the report and benchmark files, they say they are saved successfully, so no error. However, when I extract the .img using 7-zip and go into EFI/BOOT the files are still missing.

Looking at your screenshot, it appears the Pro version is laid out differently.. when you open up the .img file, in the root there is two .img's inside it
1) EFI System Parition
2) DMA Test Partition

I have attached a screenshot to show you the layout of the Memtest86 Pro img file.

I will extract the EFI System Parition using 7-zip over to Ventoy and try booting via the EFI file and see if I can get it to write the files using that method.

[Image: 2022_12_05_123640.png]

[Image: 2022_12_05_123827.png]

[Image: 2022_12_05_123902.png]

Report files and log still missing after it said it "saved successfully".

Please note, to speed up your debugging process, you don't have to wait for a memory test to complete, you can Save System summary to file, run benchmark tests and save the images, and take screenshots using F12, which all write files.

Thanks for all your help on this. Hopefully we can find a solution.

@longpanda I attempted booting via the extracted EFI directory and booting the BOOTX64.efi. Memtest86 boots this method as well, but fails to write.

[Image: 2022_12_05_132627.png]

Memtest86 Pro allows you to change the location of where to save the files. So naturally I attempted this as well, and to get a look at what Memtest86 is seeing.

In EFI file boot mode, it just displays the VTOYEFI partition, RW mode, with a total capacity of 31MB. That appears to be the Ventory EFI system partition for Ventoy itself, which would definitely be incorrect to save the files in.

[Image: 2022_12_05_133134.png]

In .img file boot mode, as you used, it displays two additional partitions without a label that are 255MB in size and mostly used. I'm not sure what these are, I tried writing to partition 1 and it wrote successfully, but I'm looking all over the Ventoy drive for the files and haven't found them.

[Image: 2022_12_05_133444.png]

As you can see, in .img file boot mode it saves successfully, however I'm unable to find the files.

[Image: 2022_12_05_133656.png]

I hope this information helps you find the solution. Please let me know if you need any more information or things for me to test. I will reach out to PassMark again to see if they have any further information that can be helpful.

Thanks again!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Unable to save reports on Memtest86 Pro - by GTAXL - 12-05-2022, 05:41 PM