Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing 1st drive to nffs causes boot to Grub prompt?
Hi,
I'm having a hard time getting Ventoy to work when the data partition uses nffs.
There isn't much use having a terabyte utility drive if a person can pick the damn thing up and readily access everything on it!

Also, if a person wants to experiment with MS tools on a Util partition, not using nffs is problematic!

When the 1st data partition is exfat the f'ing thing works.
When I try doing a hard boot on a machine with ntfs, there's an error that the uefi partition can't be accessed & Ventoy goes to a grub prompt.

The boot partition is 32 MB fat.

This is so ridiculous. Once a person changes the first data partition to exfat, then they have a nightmare booting vhdx images. The images work in VM Ware, VBox, and during a hard boot on a physical notebook.

I don't know what edits are necessary to fix data partition ntfs issue or getting Ventoy to boot a vhdx image without generating a stop error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phill

(07-31-2022, 05:34 AM)Digi-O Wrote: Hi,
I'm having a hard time getting Ventoy to work when the data partition uses nffs.
There isn't much use having a terabyte utility drive if a person can pick the damn thing up and readily access everything on it!

Also, if a person wants to experiment with MS tools on a Util partition, not using nffs is problematic!

When I try doing a hard boot on a machine with ntfs, there's an error that the uefi partition can't be accessed & Ventoy goes to a grub prompt.

This is so ridiculous. Once a person changes the first data partition to exfat, then they have a nightmare booting vhdx images. The images work in VM Ware, VBox, and during a hard boot on a physical notebook.

I don't know what edits are necessary to fix data partition ntfs issue or getting Ventoy to boot a vhdx image without generating a stop error.

Phill
Hi, I finally found out the issue with converting the 1st data drive to ntfs. I've been deleting the volume and recreating it with nffs. I needed to only format the existing partition from exfat to ntfs. I'll keep smashing my head on the vhdx boot issue.

Phill

Phill
Hi, I finally found out the issue with converting the 1st data drive to ntfs. I've been deleting the volume and recreating it with nffs. I needed to only format the existing partition from exfat to ntfs. I'll keep smashing my head on the vhdx boot issue.
Hi, me again...ugg. I updated to Ventoy 1.0.79, formatted with NTFS, copied ventoy_vhdboot.img to the Ventoy directory and gave Medicat a go.

The bloody thing worked and booted reasonably quickly, too. Any ideas on why booting to a vhd file with 1.0.78 on a exfat partition would kak?
(07-31-2022, 06:53 AM)Digi-O Wrote:

Phill

Phill
Hi, me again...ugg. I updated to Ventoy 1.0.79, formatted with NTFS, copied ventoy_vhdboot.img to the Ventoy directory and gave Medicat a go.

The bloody thing worked and booted reasonably quickly, too. Any ideas on why booting to a vhd file with 1.0.78 on a exfat partition would kak?

Read carefully also the links provided

https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_vhdboot.html