Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boot menu improperly displays hidden AppleDouble dot files
(05-13-2020, 08:13 AM)RedbearAK Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 07:55 AM)longpanda Wrote: I don't think auto filt by name is a good idea.
It's very normal for an iso file with name ._xxx.iso, especially in Linux.
Maybe in future release,  I can provide a configuration in the json file for user to set the name pattern  to filt, such as  "filt_name_pattern":  "._*.iso" 
Anyway, the filtering action must be initiated by the user.

Where have you actually seen (in Linux) a real ISO file with a name that starts with not just dot but dot underscore? I am very curious what you are referring to. In Linux such a file would be hidden in most file browsers. What would be the purpose of that? 

I’ve never seen or heard of such a thing. What application in Linux creates ISO files with names like that?

I mean that, the user can change an iso file's name to that format, that's no problem, that's a valid file name.
Although this is not common, but you can't guarantee that no one will do this. I can't restrict users from doing this. They have the right to do this.

So ventoy will never filt iso files by default. All the filtering action must be initiated by the user.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Boot menu improperly displays hidden AppleDouble dot files - by longpanda - 05-14-2020, 10:40 AM