Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
first of all:thankyou very much to Longpanda for ventoy and a request...
dear sir Longpanda you have created a real masterpieces in multiboot.
just a request maybe for future:
do you have considered to add the ability to browse other disks internal or usb attached so we can boot others isos or vhd that are not on Ventoy partition?
For the moment i use inside your Ventoy  a grubfm_multiarch 740.iso that has this feature, it works but is not so good as booting directly the same isos or vhd from Ventoy (more slower and less compatibility). I know that Ventoy is slow browsing a complex directory cause it read and determines all files types for show only bootable files,(for this you have added the triks of .ventoyignore) but maybe you can add also the choice to show all files without analyze them.
in  every case thankyou very much for your beautiful creation
i don't want bore, but no reply?
(01-29-2021, 05:55 PM)lucdeluc1 Wrote: i don't want bore, but no reply?

Patience is a virtue
This I dont think it would be implemented any better than the usb stick, ntfs and some other file systems tend to be a bit more complicated to obtain a fast speed.
Also this already has the local boot option yet you need to manually configure it, an automatic scan feathers would be a very nice touch. Smile
(02-01-2021, 08:52 PM)Premiere Wrote: This I dont think it would be implemented any  better  than the usb stick,  ntfs and some other file systems tend to be a bit more complicated to obtain a fast speed.
Also this already has the local boot option yet you need to manually configure it,  an automatic scan feathers would be a very  nice touch. Smile
im trying to understand what you have write , be more understandable, thankyou
no one seems to be interested about this request?
The answer to the question can be found here https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_vtoyboot.html and here https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_grubmenu.html . Proven works brilliantly.
thankyou very much for your answer, but the pages you have linked are really too complicated to understand for me.
so if there are no other simple solution i will continue to use grubfm_multiarch 740.iso as a secondary booter inside ventoy