Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to set theme?
Hello, I wanted to set custom theme by Ventoy Plugin but ventoy is still using own theme. Here is my configuration: On first partition (where are iso's) I have folder named ventoy, inside of it there is ventoy.json with content: 
Code:
{
    "theme": {
        "file": "ventoy/Vimix/theme.txt"
    }
}
Next to that file there is folder "Vimix" it's grub theme folder. That theme worked when i set it by changing grub.cfg in 2nd partition.
Here is also output of tree command from first partiton
What is wrong with my configuration?
(05-06-2020, 08:11 PM)B.O.S.S Wrote: Hello, I wanted to set custom theme by Ventoy Plugin but ventoy is still using own theme. Here is my configuration: On first partition (where are iso's) I have folder named ventoy, inside of it there is ventoy.json with content: 
Code:
{
    }
}
Next to that file there is folder "Vimix" it's grub theme folder. That theme worked when i set it by changing grub.cfg in 2nd partition.

Hi,

The path should not contains ventoy,  just use  "file": "Vimix/theme.txt"    and retry.
(05-07-2020, 03:44 AM)longpanda Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 08:11 PM)B.O.S.S Wrote: Hello, I wanted to set custom theme by Ventoy Plugin but ventoy is still using own theme. Here is my configuration: On first partition (where are iso's) I have folder named ventoy, inside of it there is ventoy.json with content: 
Code:
{
    }
}

Hi,

The path should not contains ventoy,  just use  "file": "Vimix/theme.txt"    and retry.
Thanks that worked but I think that this is incorrectly described on the page
I like the vimix theme too Smile
So I have installed it as described (1024x768 version).  The "1.0.9 BIOS" message is displayed correct in the bottom left corner.
But I'm missing the "F1" "F3" hints in the middle of the bottom line.

Is this a vimix or a ventoy problem?

Henning
1. as for the path in ventoy.json, from ventoy 1.0.09 both Vimix/theme.txt and /ventoy/Vimix/theme.txt are valid.
2. For the hotkey tip, you shoud append a hbox define to your theme.txt, this define is in ventoy's default theme.txt, or you can copy follows:

+ hbox{
left = 30%
top = 95%
width = 10%
height = 25
+ label {text = "@VTOY_HOTKEY_TIP@" color = "blue" align = "left"}
}
@longpanda
thank you very much. Adding "hbox" worked fine.

Since I have only a very very little knowledge about grub/json, I spend a look into "theme.txt" deploed with ventoy.
I found that there are more hbox definitions, i.e. for "memdisk mode". So I copied this definitions too.
Wow. Now there is a message, when I hit F1 key. Never seen this before. Maybe because of low contrast.

It would be very nice, if you could share your knowledge about these extensions in the documentation. I don't think that usual grub themes take care of your extensions...

Thanks again.
Henning
where is original 'theme.txt' deployed with ventoy stored?
(05-26-2020, 05:33 AM)scaramonga Wrote: where is original 'theme.txt' deployed with ventoy stored?

On EFI partition 2, check with Windows Disk Management. Add a drive letter with Diskpart so the partition is displayed in Windows.