Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
At the end of copiing the iso files
At the end of copiing the iso files I get a message "can not change attributes of file XXX.iso". How to overcome?
Thamk You.
I have no idea.
Maybe you can reformat the partition and copy again.
(12-30-2020, 08:44 PM)iliyan_pi Wrote: At the end of copiing the iso files I get a message "can not change attributes of file XXX.iso". How to overcome?
Thamk You.

What OS are you using? Could this be a FAT32 limitation with a larger ISO file? What media are you copying it to? Does it have enough space? I don't know, but troubleshooting is easier when you post more about your situation. Thank you.
(12-31-2020, 12:58 AM)longpanda Wrote: I have no idea.
Maybe you can reformat the partition and copy again.
Hi, I did it, but same result.

(12-31-2020, 07:17 AM)bashfulbutcherblade Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 08:44 PM)iliyan_pi Wrote: At the end of copiing the iso files I get a message "can not change attributes of file XXX.iso". How to overcome?
Thamk You.

What OS are you using? Could this be a FAT32 limitation with a larger ISO file? What media are you copying it to? Does it have enough space? I don't know, but troubleshooting is easier when you post more about your situation. Thank you.
Hi, I use Linux Mint 17.3, ext4 file system. Рegardless of  that error Vrntoy USB stick works fine, but I can not do update - every time I start new file Ventoy2disk.sh process fails and stick need to be reformated.
Thamk You.

Hi, regarding this message, are you using midnight commander to copy the files?

IIRC mc will show that  message when you copy a file with the option "preserve attibutes" and you copy to a folder not owned by your user or something like that, basically it has to do with no being able to apply the target folder' s owner/group permmisions to the copied file.

This is more usual in target drives with FAT or NTFS filesystems though....

Anyway, you can disregard it if you can access your files later and you can also untick the option in mc if that`s what you are using.

Quote:. Рegardless of  that error Vrntoy USB stick works fine, but I can not do update - every time I start new file Ventoy2disk.sh process fails and stick need to be reformated.

Are you using the switches to upgrade and force reinstall without reformatting?

HTH
you will be able to do it in the skin editor in the admin panel...it not that difficult but hard to find where to add the code.

I could help if needed shae