Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to make a new VHD from a Windows 10 ISO
Thank you for your comment. Yes, I think that it might be a general problem of Windows 10 booting in a VHD for the first time. I still cannot tell whether Windows 10 itself, Ventoy or the Windows VHD Boot Plugin is to be targeted. When booting the Windows 10-VHD for the first time, one cannot get past a certain step, because Windows 10 maybe expects some kind of hardware or driver that is obviously not there when booting inside a VHD. I conclude that because I tried with two Windows versions (1909 and 20H2) as well as with different ways to extract the ISO to a VHD (Rufus, DISM, Virtual Machine with VirtualBox running inside a VHD).

I put the comment in here because I thought it would fit - as I am using the Windows VHD Boot Plugin. But you are right, it might be, that it is more a general Issue, not even with Ventoy. If I come across a solution, I'll post it here. If someone has another idea, I am happy to read a short how-to. Thank you for your ideas so far.

Messages In This Thread
Best way to make a new VHD from a Windows 10 ISO - by romf - 12-19-2020, 11:57 AM