Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks Longpanda for Ventoy!!
Thumbs Up 
Wow! Ventoy has made my Linux-life so much better ... easier, faster!

The name "Ventoy" makes me wonder though ... where did it come from? Especially the "toy" part, because it is really more of a TOOL than a TOY Smile .

I have one request for the developer(s?) ... is there a possibility that Ventoy could support .sblive (systemback) files?

Thanks AGAIN for a very COOL TOOL!!!
You can convert .sblive to ISO file by systemback and boot the ISO file by Ventoy.
(11-17-2020, 06:58 AM)longpanda Wrote: You can convert .sblive to ISO file by systemback and boot the ISO file by Ventoy.
Yes, thank you, however the 4GB limit of systemback iso creator prevents me from doing exactly what my plan is.

If adding .sblive support is difficult or cumbersome I will understand.

I do have a workaround to create those larger images ...

sudo tar -xavf /home/systemback_live_2020-11-15_1.sblive -C sblive/
sudo chmod 777 -R sblive/
mv sblive/syslinux/syslinux.cfg sblive/syslinux/isolinux.cfg
mv sblive/syslinux/ sblive/isolinux/
xorriso -as mkisofs -V sblive -J -l -b -isohybrid-mbr sblive/isolinux/ -c isolinux/boot.cat -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -iso-level 3 -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -eltorito-alt-boot -e boot/grub/efi.img -no-emul-boot -isohybrid-gpt-basdat -o sblive.iso sblive

Thanks for your response anyway, and of course for Ventoy!! Could you please tell me about the origin of the name "Ventoy"?
It's a little secret  Big Grin
(11-17-2020, 10:21 AM)longpanda Wrote: It's a little secret  Big Grin
Now you are making me REALLY curious! Huh

Trade you a secret for a secret ... my username is a fruit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cantaloupe
(11-17-2020, 10:21 AM)longpanda Wrote: It's a little secret  Big Grin

[Image: myventoy001.jpg]

This is what my current Ventoy looks like, the highlighted option (which you cannot clearly see without zooming in) is 9.25GB in size ...

It's for these kind of images where I was hoping .sblive file support could be added to Ventoy, but the steps I outlined above work (it just takes time) Cool .