Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Trying to install Windows 10 on a compute stick
Hello, trying to install windows 10 onto a compute stick and get an error message 0xc000000d stating that the boot configuration data for your PC is missing or contains errors.  Cannot seem to find a fix. FWIW, I am using Ventoy because the only other system I have at the moment is a chromebook
I'm not familiar with ChromeBooks, so I don't know what they're capable to run, but the procedure I'm describing worked to install W10 on a (very) old laptop (15 years old) who had no more HD.

Ventoy doesn't let you install Windows directly onto a USB key.
However, there is a way around the problem.

You'll need:
A Hirens boot CD LivePe iso image (or another livePE iso that Ventoy can boot)
The Hasleo WinToUsb software (It seems that the free version only allow you to install the Windows Home versions).

Boot the machine onto the Ventoy key, choose to boot Hirens boot cd and, once under Hirens livepe, launch WinToUsb.
Choose what you want to do (i select the 1st left choice), which Windows iso you want to install your Os from, and the stick on which you want to install Windows.
All you have to do now is waiting for the installation to finish (it can take a long time, depending on your machine and the quality of your USB key).