Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10/11 setup Error"A media driver your computer need is missing" ventoy 1.0.74
I've been experiencing this issue since ~October last year. With the May round of Release Preview windows updates I made an updated iso using a 19041.1 base and latest updates applied via abbodi1406's W10UI script. Said iso boots fine however you may make the bootable USB. However! From a ventoy USB I get the "missing driver" issue, while rufus or win10+ setup disk USBs I don't. This same iso is sitting on 16gb usb 3.1 and 2.0 sticks, made bootable with win10+ setup disk script(they both boot under UEFI and Legacy mode), I've performed many UEFI installs so far and had no problems. Only when I try my ventoy 64GB sticks(for the sake of trying) I get the "missing driver" message. I've also been told this issue resembles mismatched setup.exe's in boot.wim index 2 and iso\sources directories.
I doubt it's iso or hardware problem. It looks like a Ventoy issue(at least to me at the moment). I can provide the iso if anyone is curious to test.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows 10/11 setup Error"A media driver your computer need is missing" ventoy 1.0.74 - by shhnedo - 06-02-2022, 04:03 PM