Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows VHD Plugin - Veracrypt Whole Disk Encryption
Is there a way to have a Windows VHD that is fully encrypted using Veracrypt. Veracrypt is a free, open source disk encryption software which you can use to encrypt your Windows installation. It is an FOSS alternative BitLocker.

I tried two different approaches and neither worked. I first tried to boot up the Windows VHD in Ventoy and install Veracrypt and encrypt the system. Before Veracrypt encrypts the system drive, it will do a test to ensure it will work by rebooting Windows and ensuring your prompted with the Veracrypt password page. I was not prompted with the password page, no matter how I setup the system drive encryption.

I also tried booting up the Windows VHD in VirtualBox and installed Veracrypt and encrypted the system. It worked in Virtualbox but when I copied that Windows VHD file onto my Ventoy drive and booted it up, I get a Windows bootloader error and I am unable to boot into Windows since it is unable to prompt me the Veracrypt boot loader to decrypt the system.

Any help will be most appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
Windows VHD Plugin - Veracrypt Whole Disk Encryption - by trymeout - 02-07-2022, 05:45 PM