Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ubuntu persistence version 20.04 in legacy mode
Hello

I want to use the persistence for ubuntu in version 20.04 installed in legacy mode.

I have tried a few times to make it work without success.

Today I updated to version v30. It still doesn't work in my context.

Here is the content of my persistence file.

Code:
{
"persistence" : [
    {"image": "/ISO/ubuntu-18.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso", "backend": ["/persistence/18.04-OrdiA.PER", "/persistence/P19.PER"  ] },
    {"image": "/ISO/ubuntu-20.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso", "backend": [ "/persistence/20.04.dat"  ]  } ],
"conf_replace_legacy": [
{ "iso": "/ISO/ubuntu-20.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso", "org": "/isolinux/txt.cfg", "new": "/Menus/txt-20.1.cfg"},
{ "iso": "/ISO/ubuntu-18.04.5-desktop-amd64.iso", "org": "/isolinux/txt.cfg", "new": "/Menus/txt-18.5.cfg"},
{ "iso": "/ISO/ubuntu-18.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso", "org": "/isolinux/txt.cfg", "new": "/Menus/txt-18.1.cfg"} ]
}

It is verified. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AobnjnjPuoUqmQHJIRR1..._?e=74iOus

Here is the content of my personalized order line

For the first try
Code:
label montest
  menu label ^Essayer Ubuntu sans installation avec mes modifications
  kernel /casper/vmlinuz
  append  file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed initrd=/casper/initrd nomodeset vga=0x31B---

then for the second try
Code:
label montest
  menu label ^Essayer Ubuntu sans installation avec mes modifications
  kernel /casper/vmlinuz
  append  file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed initrd=/casper/initrd nomodeset persistent vga=0x31B---

Regardless of the context, initramfs does not find persistence and refuses to work.

===>    CRASH!   "can not mount /dev/disk/by-label/casoer-rw on  /cow"
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AobnjnjPuoUqmQLUICoi...J?e=gsLmLw

The persistence file has also been recreated today but no change.

I still have to choose non-persistence mode and install the boot-repair software to boot with the installation media

Can you guide me?
Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
ubuntu persistence version 20.04 in legacy mode - by geole - 12-14-2020, 02:19 PM