Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Windows 11 24H2 installer crashing from a ventoy USB
I downloaded the ISO directly from MS using themediacreationtool.exe, put the ISO for Win 11 24H2 on a Ventoy stick, I set it up with an autounattend.xml I generated from this tool: https://schneegans.de/windows/unattend-generator/ . I used the auto_install plugin on the plugson tools auto_install plugin included with Ventoy. I was shocked how fast it went on with barely any interaction and without the MS account being required. I did it twice just to make sure it was alright. It installed without fail. So, deploying it can work.

When you boot to the Windows ISO file are you booting it in the normal mode or memdisk mode? If memdisk, try the normal mode. Just for grins and giggles, setup an autounattend.xml file and tell the auto_install pllugin you want to use it with the ISO. When you boot to the stick, choose the ISO, then you are presented with a second menu asking if you want to use the XML or not, do so.

On the computer, try shutting off safeboot. You can turn it back on after the install is complete. If it is a Dell, or another brand that uses Intel RapidStore )RAID ON in Dell-speak), then turn it off and use plain AHCI - there is no benefit to using RapidStore when there is no raid array.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows 11 24H2 installer crashing from a ventoy USB - by Rootman - 10-11-2024, 11:11 AM