Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Persistent possible with Debian Live?
I understood the part, "Ventoy brings a new feature here. You have no need to create any partition, no need to add persistent boot parameter. Just put a persistence data file in the 1st partition and tell Ventoy by the json configuration, and that's all." on the page Ventoy Persistence Plugin.

But had difficulty understanding the subsequent lines:
"You can put many different data files for different iso files at a time. You can also share a data file between different iso files as long as it can be supported by the distros. Even you can specify more than one data files to an iso file,"

May be, they could be better understood by itemising them separately:
You can:
a. put many different data files for different iso files at a time
b. share a data file between different iso files as long as it can be supported by the distros
c. specify more than one data files to an iso file

Covers all aspects. But difficult to imagine as an abstraction unless physically applied as a solution.

On the 2nd item on the page " https://ventoy.net/en/plugin_persistence.html", i.e., the Section Titled "2. Json Configuration"
, there is a link to https://ventoy.net/en/plugin_plugson.html, with the note: "Recommend to use VentoyPlugson, a GUI ventoy.json configurator. Refer VentoyPlugson"

the notes elaborate the above scenarios a., b. and c.

The item number 4. "Backend Image File : The backend image file is a disk image with a label. You can directly download the pre-created image files or create it by yourself." also appears clear.

But I find an obstruction in the dat image file sizes. Can't the image files be on a separate partition? Or an entire logical partition as an image file? What are the options?

Could someone kindly illustrate?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Persistent possible with Debian Live? - by rajibando - 05-24-2024, 04:56 PM