Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Install Ventoy to HDD
Hi,

is there any chance to install Ventoy to HDD (SSD)? If possible in UEFI mode.

I have a Computer here, which is only for testing and Data-Recovery, so I use a bunch of Tools. It would be nice to do this from Hard-Drive and not from the USB-Pendrive.

Thanks for your help.
(05-18-2020, 02:31 PM)mtisat Wrote: Hi,

I have a Computer here, which is only for testing and Data-Recovery, so I use a bunch of Tools. It would be nice to do this from Hard-Drive and not from the USB-Pendrive.

Thanks for your help.
hi,

Separate 30 mb from the disk and format it as fat32 and extract the file to the root directory.
Default language is turkish and f4 multi language support. Secure boot support..
Boot supported x86 and x64
Ventoy boot fully supported, except efix86
thanks ventoy and a1ive   Smile 

https://yadi.sk/d/ycR5RVSrZVUKJg

Thanks for your help.

In Linux, you run  Ventoy2Disk.sh   -i  /dev/sdX   to install Ventoy, and the sdX is not limited to USB stick, it can be any disk (HDD, SSD ...)
(05-18-2020, 09:37 PM)awengers44 Wrote:

Thanks for your help.
hi,

Separate 30 mb from the disk and format it as fat32 and extract the file to the root directory.
Default language is turkish and f4 multi language support. Secure boot support..
Boot supported x86 and x64
Ventoy boot fully supported, except efix86
thanks ventoy and a1ive   Smile 

https://yadi.sk/d/ycR5RVSrZVUKJg

thank you awengers44 for your idea, well creating 30MB in my USB drive is simple with FAT32 and extracting your zip file inside it, cool till now Smile but with the next steps please help and share some pictures with us to understand more.

I dont know if I must create first FAT32 partition with grub loader or must I create this parttion after I have had created ventoy disk with his creation tool. more info please.

thank you.
(05-19-2020, 05:57 PM)mimic Wrote: thank you awengers44 for your idea, well creating 30MB in my USB drive is simple with FAT32 and extracting your zip file inside it, cool till now Smile but with the next steps please help and share some pictures with us to understand more.

I dont know if I must create first FAT32 partition with grub loader or must I create this parttion after I have had created ventoy disk with his creation tool. more info please.

thank you.

hi, @mimic
I don't know english, sorry, I translate google Wink
All you have to do is allocate a small space on the hard disk or usb disk.
Create 30 mb space, format it in fat 32 format and extract the file to the root directory.
While opening the computer, enter the boot menu and start in uefi mode
----------------------------------------------------------
If you are booting the computer in safe mode;
Install SecureBoot.cer once

Grub file manager fully supports ventoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krs2XKYqjNI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-19-2020, 07:53 PM)awengers44 Wrote:
(05-19-2020, 05:57 PM)mimic Wrote: thank you awengers44 for your idea, well creating 30MB in my USB drive is simple with FAT32 and extracting your zip file inside it, cool till now Smile but with the next steps please help and share some pictures with us to understand more.
hi, @mimic
I don't know english, sorry, I translate google Wink
All you have to do is allocate a small space on the hard disk or usb disk.
Create 30 mb space, format it in fat 32 format and extract the file to the root directory.
While opening the computer, enter the boot menu and start in uefi mode
----------------------------------------------------------
If you are booting the computer in safe mode;
Install SecureBoot.cer once

Grub file manager fully supports ventoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krs2XKYqjNI

thanx for the ytube link, will see it and try to understand cause it's in turkish language  [Image: smile.png]

thanx again.
(05-20-2020, 12:18 PM)mimic Wrote: thanx for the ytube link, will see it and try to understand cause it's in turkish language  [Image: smile.png]

thanx again.
sorry Sad
link, you can also run the file in ventoy boot.
multi language support available, default religion english.
Legacy\UEFI x86-x64 support

Grubfm_Multiarch 7.2
(05-20-2020, 01:56 PM)awengers44 Wrote:
(05-20-2020, 12:18 PM)mimic Wrote: thanx for the ytube link, will see it and try to understand cause it's in turkish language  [Image: smile.png]

thanx again.
sorry Sad
link, you can also run the file in ventoy boot.
multi language support available, default religion english.
Legacy\UEFI x86-x64 support

Grubfm_Multiarch 7.2

Thank you awengers44 for your help and advice.
(05-19-2020, 09:47 AM)longpanda Wrote: In Linux, you run  Ventoy2Disk.sh   -i  /dev/sdX   to install Ventoy, and the sdX is not limited to USB stick, it can be any disk (HDD, SSD ...)

That sound extremely interesting.
Just... does it have to be the whole disk? Is there a way to make/specify the partitions myself?
(05-19-2020, 09:47 AM)longpanda Wrote:

Thanks for your help.

In Linux, you run  Ventoy2Disk.sh   -i  /dev/sdX   to install Ventoy, and the sdX is not limited to USB stick, it can be any disk (HDD, SSD ...)

Hello,

I have an External SSD 1TB USB 3.1

I did
    sudo sh Ventoy2Disk.sh -i -s /dev/sdd

Then as I cannot boot I tried
    sudo sh Ventoy2Disk.sh -u /dev/sdd

Both ended correctly but I fall on minimal grub prompt when I boot
I tried with a simple USB key 4GB and it work but cannot make it work on SSD (does 1 TB is too high ?)

I see second partition is fat16 using gparted but grub command ls (hd0,2)/ says unknown filesystem.
grub command ls (hd0,1)/ is Ok.

I see a difference on second partition between SSD and USB key (4 more files on USB key)
I put some screenshots fro more details in attached file.

Do you have an idea why it doesn't work, something I could do ?
Does 1 TB is too big and makes second partition too far ?

Thanks for your help.
Marco