Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10/11 setup Error"A media driver your computer need is missing" ventoy 1.0.74
Ever since I updated to version 1.0.74 I usually get this error "A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD , USB or HARD DISK driver.." when installing windows 10/11 on newer PCs.. I have this error on 2 6thgen, 1 8thgen and 9thgen PCs and don't get them on older generation Pc.. but I never had this error with previous version 1.0.57.
Can someone confirm this and how to go about it.
When you get the error, press SHIFT+F10 to get CMD console.
Then use DIR command to list C:, D:, E:, etc. or run DISKPART and type LIST DISK
Can you see USB drive? If not then Windows does not have correct drivers for your USB controller/disk.
(05-15-2022, 10:40 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: When you get the error, press SHIFT+F10 to get CMD console.
Then use DIR command to list C:, D:, E:, etc.  or run DISKPART  and type LIST DISK
Can you see USB drive? If not then Windows does not have correct drivers for your USB controller/disk.
TRANSLATE with x
English
Arabic
Hebrew
Polish
Bulgarian
Hindi
Portuguese
Catalan
Hmong Daw
Romanian
Chinese Simplified
Hungarian
Russian
Chinese Traditional
Indonesian
Slovak
Czech
Italian
Slovenian
Danish
Japanese
Spanish
Dutch
Klingon
Swedish
English
Korean
Thai
Estonian
Latvian
Turkish
Finnish
Lithuanian
Ukrainian
French
Malay
Urdu
German
Maltese
Vietnamese
Greek
Norwegian
Welsh
Haitian Creole
Persian

var LanguageMenu; var LanguageMenu_keys=["ar","bg","ca","zh-CHS","zh-CHT","cs","da","nl","en","et","fi","fr","de","el","ht","he","hi","mww","hu","id","it","ja","tlh","ko","lv","lt","ms","mt","no","fa","pl","pt","ro","ru","sk","sl","es","sv","th","tr","uk","ur","vi","cy"]; var LanguageMenu_values=["Arabic","Bulgarian","Catalan","Chinese Simplified","Chinese Traditional","Czech","Danish","Dutch","English","Estonian","Finnish","French","German","Greek","Haitian Creole","Hebrew","Hindi","Hmong Daw","Hungarian","Indonesian","Italian","Japanese","Klingon","Korean","Latvian","Lithuanian","Malay","Maltese","Norwegian","Persian","Polish","Portuguese","Romanian","Russian","Slovak","Slovenian","Spanish","Swedish","Thai","Turkish","Ukrainian","Urdu","Vietnamese","Welsh"]; var LanguageMenu_callback=function(){ }; var LanguageMenu_popupid='__LanguageMenu_popup';
[/url] [url=javascript:Microsoft.Translator.FloaterShowEmbed()] [url=javascript:Microsoft.Translator.FloaterShowSharePanel()][/url]

TRANSLATE with
COPY THE URL BELOW

[url=javascript:Microsoft.Translator.FloaterOnShareBackClick()]Back[/url]

EMBED THE SNIPPET BELOW IN YOUR SITE

Enable collaborative features and customize widget: Bing Webmaster Portal
[url=javascript:Microsoft.Translator.FloaterOnEmbedBackClick()]Back[/url]
var intervalId = setInterval(function () { if (MtPopUpList) { LanguageMenu = new MtPopUpList(); var langMenu = document.getElementById(LanguageMenu_popupid); var origLangDiv = document.createElement("div"); origLangDiv.id = "OriginalLanguageDiv"; origLangDiv.innerHTML = "<span id='OriginalTextSpan'>ORIGINAL: </span><span id='OriginalLanguageSpan'></span>"; langMenu.appendChild(origLangDiv); LanguageMenu.Init('LanguageMenu', LanguageMenu_keys, LanguageMenu_values, LanguageMenu_callback, LanguageMenu_popupid); window["LanguageMenu"] = LanguageMenu; clearInterval(intervalId); } }, 1);

This page is in Norwegian

Translate to English

• Afrikaans
  • Albanian
  • Amharic
  • Arabic
  • Armenian
  • Azerbaijani
  • Bengali
  • Bulgarian
  • Catalan
  • Croatian
  • Czech
  • Danish
  • Dutch
  • English
  • Estonian
  • Finnish
  • French
  • German
  • Greek
  • Gujarati
  • Haitian Creole
  • Hebrew
  • Hindi
  • Hungarian
  • Icelandic
  • Indonesian
  • Italian
  • Japanese
  • Kannada
  • Kazakh
  • Khmer
  • Korean
  • Kurdish (Kurmanji)
  • Lao
  • Latvian
  • Lithuanian
  • Malagasy
  • Malay
  • Malayalam
  • Maltese
  • Maori
  • Marathi
  • Myanmar (Burmese)
  • Nepali
  • Norwegian
  • Pashto
  • Persian
  • Polish
  • Portuguese
  • Punjabi
  • Romanian
  • Russian
  • Samoan
  • Simplified Chinese
  • Slovak
  • Slovenian
  • Spanish
  • Swedish
  • Tamil
  • Telugu
  • Thai
  • Traditional Chinese
  • Turkish
  • Ukrainian
  • Urdu
  • Vietnamese
  • Welsh
Always translate Norwegian to EnglishPRO
Never translate Norwegian
Never translate forums.ventoy.net
@steve2926 pressing shift F10 to get cmd, i do diskpart list volume, i see all all drive connected to the PC except ventoy USB.. that is when i know the error will show up.. happened on dell pc, some pc's dont behave like that.. is it from the windows setup or ventoy USB
If Windows Setup cannot see the USB drive, then your Windows boot files (boot.wim) does not contain the correct USB controller drivers for that specific system.

For instance, Windows 7 does not contain USB drivers for new USB 2 and all USB 3 controllers and so will not be able to access the USB drives on newer computers.

If you make a bootable USB drive using the same ISO with RUFUS, you should get a similar problem.
(05-18-2022, 10:19 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: If Windows Setup cannot see the USB drive, then your Windows boot files (boot.wim) does not contain the correct USB controller drivers for that specific system.

For instance, Windows 7 does not contain USB drivers for new USB 2 and all USB 3 controllers and so will not be able to access the USB drives on newer computers.

If you make a bootable USB drive using the same ISO with RUFUS, you should get a similar problem.
Ok, Thanks.. But I wonder how Windows 10 21H2 doesn't  have correct USB controller drivers for some dell Pc's and other newer PC's where as older versions of windows have these drivers. how to resolve this error..
Is it standard Microsoft OEM\Retail ISO of Win 10 21H2 or some other dev/beta or non-Microsoft made version?
(05-19-2022, 08:29 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: Is it standard Microsoft OEM\Retail ISO of Win 10 21H2 or  some other dev/beta or non-Microsoft made version?

i downloaded it from Microsoft official site.. I have the 1903 version it never given me issue, I even tried it on a machine the 21H2 had error on but it pass installation successfully.
I have the same issue with latest ventoy, 3 different usb sticks, 4 different ssds and 5 desktops and laptops. I cant find a solution :-(
Can you try different versions of Ventoy (just download and use Update button to change version).
Maybe we can see which version it stopped working at?
Sad 
(05-23-2022, 11:23 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: Can you try different versions of Ventoy (just download and use Update button to change version).
Maybe we can see which version it stopped working at?
i downgraded to 1.0.69 version. Still the same  Sad