Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Text mode without ventoy.json
is there a way to use the text mode by editing the efi partition ( ventoy boot partition )

So I can use the text mode ventoy without having a ventoy folder in my iso partition?
(12-14-2021, 06:05 PM)velosofyy Wrote: is there a way to use the text mode by editing the efi partition ( ventoy boot partition )

So I can use the text mode ventoy without having a ventoy folder in my iso partition?
Try asking Steve2926
(12-14-2021, 07:22 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 06:05 PM)velosofyy Wrote: is there a way to use the text mode by editing the efi partition ( ventoy boot partition )

Try asking Steve2926
Do you mean by private-messaging him?
(12-16-2021, 11:44 AM)velosofyy Wrote:
(12-14-2021, 07:22 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:

Try asking Steve2926
Do you mean by private-messaging him?
He is the author of easy2boot and is using ventoy like your wish
You can modify the /grub/grub.cfg file on partition 2

add the set vtoy_display_mode line below to the Main Process heading at approx line 2000

Code:
#############################################################
#######                Main Process              ###########

set vtoy_display_mode=CLI

but whenever you update the Ventoy version, you will have to edit the new grub.cfg file.
The setting can be overridden by a \ventoy\ventoy.json file  display_mode setting.
(12-16-2021, 01:28 PM)Steve2926 Wrote: You can modify the /grub/grub.cfg file on partition 2

add the set vtoy_display_mode line below to the Main Process heading at approx line 2000

Code:
#######                Main Process              ###########

set vtoy_display_mode=CLI

but whenever you update the Ventoy version, you will have to edit the new grub.cfg file.
The setting can be overridden by a \ventoy\ventoy.json file  display_mode setting.
Thanks, Ill try it out, I'm planning to move whatever i have in ventoy.json into the efi partition.
Is there a wiki/how-to on that?
Partition 2 is hidden. Run cmd - diskpart- list disk- select vol - assign .Remember partition 2 =32MB.
Thanks, Ill try it out, I'm planning to move whatever i have in ventoy.json into the efi partition.
Is there a wiki/how-to on that?

Why do you want to move the the ventoy.json file?

You may be able to edit the grub.cfg, but what about the plugin files and themes etc. which are also in the \ventoy folder?