Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search and boot Windows as default timeout image?
"control": [
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_MENU_MODE": "1" },
        { "VTOY_TREE_VIEW_MENU_STYLE": "1" },
        { "VTOY_FILT_DOT_UNDERSCORE_FILE": "1" },
        { "VTOY_MENU_TIMEOUT": "8" },
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE": "VTOY_EXIT" }
    ],

This is my current control from my ventoy.json with 1.0.27 not sure if it is correct. It exits after 8 seconds but I am being put into my boot options menu and stopped there instead of booting into windows directly. Is there currently any method or trick to boot directly into windows by default or could this possibly be included in a future update? My use case is that I have small usb I often keep in the laptop all the time for extra space aswell, so it would be very useful for me to reboot in a fully automated way. 

Once again thanks for your work and your many additions to the project over the last several updates.
Normally we should adjust the BIOS boot option to make that the Local Disk is the 1st boot option and the USB is the 2nd boot option.
That is to say, when you reboot your PC, you must press some key to boot into USB, if you don't press any key, it will auto boot into the local disk.
With latest release, you can set VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE to some special value, like:
F4>Search and boot Windows

Please refer: https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_control...ault_image
(11-23-2020, 12:35 PM)longpanda Wrote: With latest release, you can set VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE to some special value, like:
F4>Search and boot Windows

Please refer: https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_control...ault_image
This doesn't work very well if VTOY_DEFAULT_SEARCH_ROOT is used.
It seems that ventoy boots into F4 menu right away and then starts windows after menu timeout. 
It would be nice if it boots into the default search root and then after elapsed times,
go into the F4 menu which should have it's own menu timeout.
This way it would work in a more logical way.
Is something like this possible?
This can not be implemented in grub.
Menu timeout is only used for one level and default can only be one item under a menu.
If we first show the main menu then after timeout we can only run one of the items in the main menu, we can't swith to F4 menu here.
(12-07-2020, 07:22 AM)longpanda Wrote: This can not be implemented in grub.
Menu timeout is only used for one level and default can only be one item under a menu.
If we first show the main menu then after timeout we can only run one of the items in the main menu, we can't swith to F4 menu here.
I see. Thank you for your reply.
Thank you, allynh for posting how to search the posts via google.

i will copy this information in case the search function leaves . . . which, if it is 80,000 search terms and memory is at stake seems the prudent thing to have happen