Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Ventoy 1.0.99 is the final version
Ventoy 1.0.99 is the final version, soon longpanda will release another version with many new features.
(09-16-2024, 04:26 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: Ventoy 1.0.99 is the final version, soon longpanda will release another version with many new features.

Does this mean that Ventoy 1.0.99 is the final version of Ventoy - and that a new (different) program to replace Ventoy is coming soon?

Or just that a new number version (1.1 or 2.0 ?) of Ventoy is coming soon?
THIS IS JUST A GUESS: It would be my guess that the former is what is going to happen. I strongly suspect that Ventoy (FOSS) is no longer going to be updated by the author and a new paid / subscription app will replace it. With the recent issue of the SecureBoot shim no longer functioning, if I had to guess that the only option to get it to work again is to move to a NON FOSS platform in order to make it possible to develop Ventoy and further. I've seen this more than a few times before and I have begun to sense when it is happening again to a product that I have been using, and I get the sense that it's happening here.

If this is the case, Longpanda / nguyen, we wish you well in your new endeavor. Ventoy is an excellent app that has assisted a great many people boot multiple ISO / image files quite easily.