Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Ventoy (or not?) problems
Hello!

I have been using Ventoy for about 2 years but recently I have encountered problems with its use. I do not know whether this is the fault of the new versions or I simply did not use it on those computers with which Ventoy does not work.
The bootable flash drive is made in GPT mode with Secure Boot support enabled and a second partition in NTFS format (I also tried exFAT). The problems that exist are the following:

1. On old PCs with Intel motherboards (the processor generation is not important) Ventoy does not boot at all and gives a blue screen with an error (see screenshots).
When trying to boot from an external SSD drive blue screen as on screenshots.
Black screen with a blinking white cursor when trying to boot from a flash drive.
Flash drive is 128Gb size and external SSD is 256Gb size but SSD maked with 2 partitions 100Gb and second partition all remaining space by "Workaround 1" from FAQ for MBs with 137Gb legacy BIOS problem.
The external SSD is detected by all PCs as a SCSI device not USB, the flash drive is detected as a USB device but at the same time it does not work in any version from any media on Intel boards. And other external devices (HHDs) which detects as USB (not SCSI) problem are same.

2. The old emergency build for very old PCs diagnostics called STEA Live (https://stop-kadr.my1.ru/load/novye_klju...16-1-0-269) does not boots, although this build is definitely working. If you make a bootable media using Rufus or WinSetupFromUSB everything works but Ventoy cannot boot this and gives a wim file error, I don’t remember which error.

Can you fix something from this problems? Or what I can do for solve these problems. More important problem number 1.

Thank you! And thank you for the wonderful utility!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)