Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to boot in UEFI mode with 256Gb SSD
Hello,
I have tryed to install ventoy into a 8Gb USB stick with some ISO and everything works fine I can boot into UEFI mode or Legacy mode. So because it's works fine i have buy an external case for my M.2 SSD that I don't use (cause of the upgrade of my PC) and I have installed Ventoy into it and I put the same ISOs as those are in my 8Gb USB stick. I reboot my PC and press f11 to enter into the Boot drive select and here nothing appears apart the OS installed on my internal drive. So I change the UEFI mode to Legacy and select my SSD with ventoy to boot and it's worke fine.

Did someone know why Ventoy doesn't work in UEFI mode with my 256Gb SSD but it's works fine with 8Go USB stick ?
Is it something about Secure Boot in BIOS? Disable it and retry?
(06-15-2020, 02:45 AM)longpanda Wrote: Is it something about Secure Boot in BIOS?  Disable it and retry?
Yes I have the Secure Boot but I have already tryed to Enable it and Disable it and nothing append :/
If it works fine with 8GB USB and fail with 256GB USB.
It's very similar with the case bellows. But this is only for legacy BIOS mode.
https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_legacy_limit.html

Please make sure that this problem occurs in UEFI mode?
In the lower left corner of ventoy's boot menu, it will show current BIOS mode.
1.0.13 BIOS www.ventoy.net  ---------> Legacy BIOS mode
1.0.13 UEFI www.ventoy.net  ---------> UEFI mode
I just check and yes i'm in UEFI mode as you can see on this picture when I boot in UEFI mode with my 8Gb USB stick and my 256Gb USB SSD only the USB stick appears and if I boot on it ventoy tell me that i'm in UEFI. If I change the UEFI mode to legacy I can see both of my USB drives and if I select my SSD (JMicron) it works but i'm in BIOS mode

With SSD and USB stick in Legacy mode (can boot on both) :

With SSD and USB stick in UEFI mode (can boot only on USB stick) :

(06-16-2020, 01:15 AM)longpanda Wrote: If it works fine with 8GB USB and fail with 256GB USB.
It's very similar with the case bellows. But this is only for legacy BIOS mode.
https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_legacy_limit.html

Please make sure that this problem occurs in UEFI mode?
In the lower left corner of ventoy's boot menu, it will show current BIOS mode.
1.0.13 BIOS www.ventoy.net  ---------> Legacy BIOS mode
1.0.13 UEFI www.ventoy.net  ---------> UEFI mode

I just tried to another Pc and it's worked fine so I think It's a problem with my PC ? I just attach you some pictures of my settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)