Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live CD boot error and SOs install error in BIOS Legacy
I am having problems when starting Linux Distros that allow the use of the system in live, the installation of Linux operating systems and the execution of windows PE through Hiren's.

In the case of live system startup (Linux's distributions) it seems to me that the error has to do with the loading of the modules related to the video driver (nouveau or nvidia) according to the images that I will attach to the post. As for installing SOs, such as Debian 14 LXQT, an error appears saying that it was not possible to locate the installation ISO (in this case, the Debian graphical installation interface loaded). In the case of Hiren's CD, the error consists of an infinite looping on the loading screen, where the blue Windows logo appears and is frozen.

Note: I read in the documentation the possible limitation that exists in BIOS Legacy of being able to read USB drives of maximum 127 GB, but I did not use USB drives larger than 64 GB, and I even used a 4 GB pen drive and put that package file installation of Ventoy on partition 1, but without success. I tried to use the Memdisk mode, which in the documentation said it was recommended for WindowsPE and several Linux distributions, but as I have a 2GB DDR2 RAM, ISOs larger than 2GB have errors when loading the system in RAM and those that are smaller than 2GB seems to take a long time to load or else there is a freeze in the middle of the process.

Bearing in mind that Ventoy boots normally at the System Boot, the problem is time to load Linux system modules in Live and files present within the ISOs for installation Linux SOs. I used both the MBR and GPT partition table. I formatted the Pen Drive in different formats, NTFS, EXFAT, FAT32 and EXT4.

Systems used and which presented the same video error when loading modules from live systems: Manjaro, Debian, Fedora and Linux Mint, all of which are already tested versions and apparently working without problems according to the site list, and I myself tested these pen drives that I created with Ventoy on VM QEMU / KVM and they run perfectly the graphic part of the lives systems, I just tested whether installations can access ISO files on the pen drive and work well, the problem for me is really in the boot of the pendrive by the BIOS, I would like a solution because I really liked the program. Blush 

MY motherbord is thishttps://www.gigabyte.com/br/Motherboard/GA-EQ45M-S2-rev-20/sp#sp

BIOS

1. 2 x 16 Mbit flash
  2. Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
  3. PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
Memory RAM

1. 2GB
  2. DDR2
CPU

1. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66GHz × 4

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi

I think you should mount iso in virtual CD/DVD rom, and make again iso with ultra iso program, and then test
mr.neeo