Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Order of ISO's
Thumbs Up 
HI Ventoy

Great muiltyboot tool.
I have been testing Ventoy out with great sucess and it is very easy to use.
My question is there a way that the iso's can be listed in any other way than alphabetically, maybe in order of date added so I can get the most used isos to the top of the list

All the best
(04-29-2020, 10:37 AM)DFW Wrote: HI Ventoy

Great muiltyboot tool.
I have been testing Ventoy out with great sucess and it is very easy to use.
My question is there a way that the iso's can be listed in any other way than alphabetically, maybe in order of date added so I can get the most used isos to the top of the list

All the best
Hello,

I think that some kind of sorting / ordering ISO's is at least important. Supporting more ISO's and make the software more stable is what is to do yet ...

And you have 2 different whishes, placed in one sentence. 
Quote:in order of date added so I can get the most used isos to the top of the list

Remember: ordering by date has nothing to do with most used!
Look: I personaly use a quite old CloneZilla-i386 ISO very often, since there are no new i386 versions available. So it gets a top place at most used, but it is at the last added place. 

And of course, you can rename the files by yourself, so you get your preferred order...

Henning
Yep renaming is a option, I have been using dollar signs to order the isos, 1 $ infront of the iso name will place it at the top if only adding it to one, or be last if you have added 2 or more $ to other isos.
having gone to the trouble of setting up a nice theme it does not look right good, if there listed by date added to usb you could add the most used last or first in which way it is sorted, best bet would be a script to sort this out for us.
Hi, in the next release, I will add a feature called TreeView mode.
By default, all the iso files are listed together alphabetically.
Then you can press a hotkey to enter TreeView mode. In TreeView mode the boot menu is corresponding to the actual directory structure, you enter directory/sub-directory to find the iso files.

So I think this feature will be an option.
Look forward to it.

Thanks