Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request: Auto skip main menu in X seconds for unattended Win 10 installation
Lightbulb 
Hello.

I use a custom Windows 10 installation Iso, that I created, for continuous unattended installation.
I need my Disk-On-Key to be plugged in during the whole process, untill the end of installation,
so that my bundled software would be automatically installed, after the first Windows Desktop appears.
When installing Windows 10 the PC normally restarts 1-3 times during installation.
This brings about the Ventoy Iso menu and halts all further installtion, untill pressing F4
and choosing "Boot from 1st hard disk" to continue installation. It has to be done 1-3 times.
Untill now I've used YUMI for building my Windows 10 installation Iso on Disk-On-Key.

YUMI has a default action of automatic skipping of its main menu, after X seconds
and continuing to boot from 1st hard disk, in case The PC restarts over and over again.
This option enables me not to be present during the whole process of installation of Windows 10,
making it possible to enjoy totally unattended installation.
It would be very useful to have this option for anyone, not just for Windows 10 Installation users.

For example: you might consider making the default choice on the first row saying:
"Continue booting from 1st hard Disk in X seconds" (letting me decide how many X seconds would be).
If you move down (Keyboard DOWN arrow) the choice to any of the subsequent Iso's,
then the timer would stop automatically, but if no choice is made,
then the PC would bypass this menu to continue booting from 1st hard disk.

Can you please make such an option available for Ventoy ?
Currently Ventoy support VTOY_MENU_TIMEOUT & VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE
https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_control.html

This just auto boot one of these ISO files in the list. Maybe we can use special string to implement it.

For example, set VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE to "VTOY_BOOT_1ST_HDD"
Besides, why you always boot into Ventoy after reboot. You can set HDD as the 1st BIOS boot option.
Thank you for your kind reply.

With regard to setting BIOS to boot from HDD you are quite right of course.

I'm not a programmer, and don't know what script to write into the .json file.
I tried adding the last 2 lines into \plugin\ventoy\ventoy.jason file:

{

"control": [
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_MENU_MODE": "1" },
        { "VTOY_FILT_DOT_UNDERSCORE_FILE": "1" }
        { "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE": "VTOY_BOOT_1ST_HDD" }
        { "VTOY_MENU_TIMEOUT": "15" }     

],

but it did not work: no default appeared on menu and no timer also.

Please attach this file, or its complete script here

with "VTOY_DEFAULT_IMAGE to "VTOY_BOOT_1ST_HDD"

with a timer of 15 seconds.

Thank you.