Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Parted Magic compatibility
I've tested pmagic_2020_05_20.iso and noticed a strange behavior with CloneZilla under a particular condition.  If you use the first option to launch (running from RAM), remove the flash drive after the timezone screen comes up, run Clone Disk (Clonezilla), then just after the "Shutting down the Logical Volume Manager" message, a series of these appear:

/dev/dm-0: read failed after 0 of 512 at...

This seems to happen only if I remove the flash drive after Parted Magic launches.

This does not happen in Memdisk mode, but of course takes much longer to load.  Tested with both Ventoy 1.0.17 and 1.0.18.

I've tested also with Rufus and YUMI and something similar doesn't happen with either of those.
(08-04-2020, 08:03 AM)ckong Wrote: I've tested pmagic_2020_05_20.iso and noticed a strange behavior with CloneZilla under a particular condition.  If you use the first option to launch (running from RAM), remove the flash drive after the timezone screen comes up, run Clone Disk (Clonezilla), then just after the "Shutting down the Logical Volume Manager" message, a series of these appear:

This seems to happen only if I remove the flash drive after Parted Magic launches.

This does not happen in Memdisk mode, but of course takes much longer to load.  Tested with both Ventoy 1.0.17 and 1.0.18.

I've tested also with Rufus and YUMI and something similar doesn't happen with either of those.

Similar error with GParted: https://gparted.org/download.php

Tested with 1.0.19
Thumbs Down 
I put this (a version I paid for) on a Ventoy flash drive. It will load the menu, but when you select anything, screens full of code scroll past and stops with a red "failed to load" line. This is apparently a much newer version than anyone else has tried.
I had to go back to the 23Feb2020 version to become successful once again... FYI