Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Bootloader
Can VENTOY boot to UEFI32 and UEFI64 ?   If so, does it do it automatically? Or, do I have to do something to get it to boot in UEFI 32-bit bootloader? 

Thanks
Michael
Ventoy only support UEFI64 , UEFI32 is not supported.
It will automatically boot into UEFI64 if the BIOS mode is UEFI64 in your machine.
(07-28-2020, 03:02 PM)mikey62 Wrote: Can VENTOY boot to UEFI32 and UEFI64 ?   If so, does it do it automatically? Or, do I have to do something to get it to boot in UEFI 32-bit bootloader? 

Thanks
Michael

Ventoy v1.0.17 +GrubFM v7.3.1 x86-x64 en

Code:
https://yadi.sk/d/Pwr_YHnLVN0BkQ

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-28-2020, 03:46 PM)longpanda Wrote: Ventoy only support  UEFI64 , UEFI32 is not supported.
It will automatically boot into UEFI64 if the BIOS mode is UEFI64 in your machine.

Will VENTOY support UEFI32 in future? If so, when?                              Is there another product I can use?

I am super impressed with the concept and execution of VENTOY.   Brilliant. 

I have an ASUS T100 which now has a dead Emmc solded onto motherboard. I was able to boot off  32G USB flash to install latest Windows 10.   I am now able to run Windows 10 x32 on external 240GB drive.    I was able to run and load Linux distribution Endless off another 32GB USB flash drive.  

I was totally confused why I couldn't boot VENTOY (it worked brilliantly on my main machine) on this Asus T100.  Using Endless, at terminal:  cat /sys/firmware/efi/fw_platform_size gave me answer of 32 (meaning 32-bit UEFI firmware) .   Therefore, I need a 32-bit bootloader.    Any suggestions? 

Thanks for previous quick response.     Keep up good work

(07-28-2020, 06:29 PM)awengers44 Wrote:
(07-28-2020, 03:02 PM)mikey62 Wrote: Can VENTOY boot to UEFI32 and UEFI64 ?   If so, does it do it automatically? Or, do I have to do something to get it to boot in UEFI 32-bit bootloader? 

Thanks
Michael

Ventoy v1.0.17 +GrubFM v7.3.1 x86-x64 en

Code:

What is this? How modified? What will it do?   What do I need to do?  Is it a solution or a template?
Neden şablon olsun ? bu sizin için bir çözüm, grub file manager ve ventoy multiboot sistemleri bir araya alıp uyumlu geçişleri sağladım ve bazı özellikleri değiştirip modifiye edip paylaştım. Ventoy boot sadece x64 destekledir, grub filemanager ise efi x86-x64 desteklidir. Kusura bakmayın ingilizce bilmiyorum google translate yapınca biraz karışıyor, sizde çeviri kullanıp anlamaya çalışın.
(07-29-2020, 07:08 AM)awengers44 Wrote: Neden şablon olsun ? bu sizin için bir çözüm, grub file manager ve ventoy multiboot sistemleri bir araya alıp uyumlu geçişleri sağladım ve bazı özellikleri değiştirip modifiye edip paylaştım. Ventoy boot sadece x64 destekledir, grub filemanager ise efi x86-x64 desteklidir. Kusura bakmayın ingilizce bilmiyorum google translate yapınca biraz karışıyor, sizde çeviri kullanıp anlamaya çalışın.
Translates from Turkish as:

Why get a template? this is a solution for you, I have combined grub file manager and ventoy multiboot systems, provided compatible transitions, and modified, modified and shared some features. Ventoy boot only supports x64, while grub filemanager supports efi x86-x64. I'm sorry, I don't know English. When google translates, it gets a little messy. Try to understand and use translation.

Thanks for your efforts, awengers44.   

If so easy, and versatile, can it be included in next base version?
Teşekkür ederim.
Paylaşmış olduğum dosyada ventoy boot ve grub file manager dosyaları mevcut, menü geçişleri f6 kısa yol tuşu ile sağlanır. Kurulum yapmanız halinde efi x64 ve mbr sistemlerde varsayılan boot ventoy, x86 efi loader,de ise grubfmia32.efi dosyası yüklenir. 

Code:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-28-2020, 03:46 PM)longpanda Wrote: Ventoy only support  UEFI64 , UEFI32 is not supported.

Hi LongPanda,
 any future plans to support UEFI32?   If so, when? 

In my case I have UEFI32 and concluded that Ventoy UEFI mode did not work.  I NOW know the limitation of Ventoy.  

Cheers. Keep up excellent work
Curious

Is there a PC test, albeit, a standard test of the firmware which identifies its UEFI32 vs UEFI64 type?

Like the old BIOS of the past 1997-2007, they went through many revisions. 

The same kinds of revisions has happened with UEFI, even though PC technology has been manufacturing consumer 64bit X86 architecture since 2007. And, I know of no PC manufacturer who has made any 32 PCs since 2008. Netbooks was a test market that failed almost immediately after its launch. Yet when Vista & UEFI became mainstream it started as UEFI32 and manufacturers have been advancing to UEFI64. So for ALL 64bit PCs, there exist a combination of old and new UEFI technologies present. And the GRUB2-EFI boot developers have been wrestling/racing to keep up while trying to accommodate the combinations of firmware.

So, I am guessing, that there is some way the the type boot firmware identifies itself at boot.
Smile Happy to learn how to ...
GPT should be the norm/default for all USBs built from Ventoy's program by asking users, or their PC, the format of the PC's HDD/SSD they are building from. Important to note. But, this involves an update to the builder as it must test before setting options to build the Ventoy USB device.

Excellent information of WHY found here.
Smile Happy to learn how to ...