Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Boot from VHD
(01-08-2023, 01:53 PM)Tokener Wrote: Dear nguyen ha thai trong
thank you for your friendly response.
Quote:If the file size is not too large, please share the link I tried with ventoy and then answer the problem you are having
can you clarify the details you want to know:
- size of what file?
- what link did you try with ventoy?

thanks in advance,   T.
Windows10 22H2 VHD of you
Aha, thanks for clarification.
The filesize of the VHD is > 10GB.
Uploading proprietary Microsoft files is not a valid option anyway.
Any idea how to modify the mentioned ventoy_vhdboot.img?
It can be extracted like a zip-file, but how to reassamble?
Regards   T.
(01-08-2023, 05:26 PM)Tokener Wrote: Aha, thanks for clarification.
The filesize of the VHD is > 10GB.
Uploading proprietary Microsoft files is not a valid option anyway.
Any idea how to modify the mentioned ventoy_vhdboot.img?
It can be extracted like a zip-file, but how to reassamble?
Regards   T.
Does your win10.vhd boot successfully? or use grubfm.iso to load and boot your win10.vhd successfully?
Quote:or use grubfm.iso to load and boot your win10.vhd successfully?
thanks for suggestion.   T.
your win10.vhd when booting directly via QEMU,Virtual Box is successful, because this is the deciding condition for ventoy boot it ok
People, am I the only one who can't boot Windows10.vhd on ventoy-1.0.87, or does everyone else too? So far I've rolled back to ventoy-1.0.84 and everything works.

PS: Kali.vhd, Manjaro.vhd and I suspect any other linux.vhd except Windows works on ventoy-1.0.87
And I couldn't find an attempt to load Windows_XP.vhd from ventoy on the forum. On my VMware, Windows_XP.vhd boots successfully, but from ventoy, no. 
Is there any way to do this? Rolleyes
(01-10-2023, 04:29 PM)Pupkin_999 Wrote: And I couldn't find an attempt to load Windows_XP.vhd from ventoy on the forum. On my VMware, Windows_XP.vhd boots successfully, but from ventoy, no. 
Currently ventoy does not support windowsxp, so if you want to load and boot Windows_XP.vhd, you should contact Steve2926 (easy2boot author, easy2boot.xyz website admin), he will help you
(01-10-2023, 04:29 PM)Pupkin_999 Wrote: And I couldn't find an attempt to load Windows_XP.vhd from ventoy on the forum. On my VMware, Windows_XP.vhd boots successfully, but from ventoy, no. 
look at this post...ı am installing winxp by ventoy using grub4dos commands
Quote:nguyen ha thai trong:
your win10.vhd when booting directly via QEMU,Virtual Box is successful, because this is the deciding condition for ventoy boot it ok

thanks for asking,
and YES, specified VHD is booting in VirtualBox OK.