Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injection plugin issue with W7 driver
Hello,

I have an issue the injection plugin.

I had created 1 folder sources with another folder $OEM$ into a zip archive according to the documentation.

I can inject the USB 3.0 driver (intel +asmedia) into my W7 iso, see the new driver folder on my vm (pic 1 without plugin & pic 2 with it) and select them on "browse driver" section (pic 3)

But if I am trying it on my physical pc by pluging my USB key on a 3.0 port, I can't use my keyboard, mouse and my USB key stop to be powered when the W7 iso was loaded.

The new injection plugin should inject and load the driver immediately when the iso was loaded ? Or he just adding an folder for choose them later ?

Tested in Intel Z97 desktop (BIOS + UEFI) and a virtualbox vm.

Thank's in advance

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The current solution for injection in Windows is NOT perfect. I am considering a new mechanism.
To be exactly, in current version, the name of the file to be injected was passed to the system after boot and after boot ventoy will read the file from the USB and extract it to X:
So if you don't have USB3.0 driver, Ventoy will not be able to read the injection file from the USB drive.

So currently, you can't injection USB3.0 driver by this plugin.
Ok, in my case your solution is very close to be perfect.

Anyway, congratutation for all your hard working on it !
Besides, even the USB 3.0 drivers can be injected. Ventoy just inject the drivers there, and will NOT load it automatically.
This plugin only implements a framework to inject files.
Ventoy doesn't care about what file is injected, what content it contains, what will happen after injection, how to use the injected file, etc.
Simply put, you tell Ventoy to inject a compressed archive, and Ventoy decompresses it into the runtime environment after boot, and that's all.
You need to construct your compressed archive according to the system's directory structure and the features provided.
master hi,
@longpanda
I bought from aioboot.
The usb 3.0 driver file may be useful.

https://yadi.sk/d/GtyovUraJma41w