Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ventoy Legacy mode?
Hello, I created a NTFS USB Drive with the partition style as mbr and UEFI without secure boot. I am trying to boot an older laptop that only has Legacy boot. My USB boots to the ventoy splash screen. If I try to boot ANY iso/wim file. It goes to a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left corner. It's almost like it does not support legacy boot. The computer had windows vista and I upgraded to Windows 7. I tested it on my laptop tjhat I am using now. It does work with legacy mode. Could someone please help me out?

Thanks
Hi, please make sure that your laptop support USB-HDD mode.
Or you can create a bootable USB by other tool (e.g. RUFUS) and test.
The same problem here. Works with Sergei, boot windows 7, Hirens. UEFI works perfectly, legacy does not. I'm using the version 1.0.15.
I too have had a lot of issues getting many .iso's to boot in legacy mode on my laptop, where they test fine in VMWare on a virtual machine. EFI is fine. I figured it was maybe a buggy BIOS on my laptop for MBR booting, but I don't have the same issues with the same .iso's using my homemade method or AIO or Rufus. A memory error seems to be what I see the most often, even though I have 64GB RAM: "There isn't enough memory available to create a ramdisk device."