Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 关于“引导”MacOS系统镜像的idea(an idea about “booting” MacOS image)
最近在试用了docker版MacOS(sickcodes/Docker-OSX)的 sickcodes/docker-osx:naked 之后,突然萌生了一个想法,既然 vtoyboot 可以制作可由物理机引导的 linux vdisk,那么是否可以将这个docker 中的系统迁移到 vdisk 中,再在物理机上去启动MacOS的系统镜像?

我理解的是,Docker-OSX 通过 qemu 以运行虚拟机的方式启动 MacOS 的img镜像。这样 MacOS 的镜像是动态大小的,而且系统可以通过直通的方式使用硬件。
那么通过ventoy引导一个精简的虚拟机系统(这 个/类 精简系统可以作为ventoy的插件),再分配所有硬件给要运行的虚拟机来启动镜像的方式,是否可行?
我觉得可见的好处是,这样可以临时兼容更多镜像文件,因为只要配置虚拟机就好了;而且这样运行的目标系统虚拟硬盘是动态大小的,可以更有效的利用硬盘空间。

以上是我想当然之言,希望能抛砖引玉!

Recently, after trying out the docker version of MacOS (sickcodes/docker-OSX) -- sickcodes/docker-osx: naked , an idea suddenly arose. Since vtoyboot can make a linux vdisk that can be booted by a physical machine, can the system in this docker be migrate to the vdisk, and then start the system image of MacOS on the physical machine?

In my understanding, Docker-OSX uses qemu to start the img of MacOS by running virtual machine. In this way, the image of MacOS is of dynamic size, and the system can use hardware by passthrough.
So is it feasible to boot a thin virtual machine system (this kinds of thin systems can be used as a plug-in of ventory) with ventory, and then allocate all hardware to the virtual machine to start a target image?
I think the visible advantage is that it can temporarily be compatible with more image files, as long as the virtual machine is configured; Moreover, the virtual hard disk of the target system running in this way is of dynamic size, which can make more effective use of the hard disk space.

The above is what I take for granted. I hope I can throw a brick and draw a jade!
想多了。
Linux vdisk只支持部分发行版,不支持其他系统(比如FreeBSD),更别说macOS。
如果你想通过opencore启动macOS,可以用espack把opencore打包成img,再通过opencore启动macOS。但是opencore启动dmg好像要满足一些条件,如果能启动任意dmg就爽了。
(02-09-2023, 06:50 AM)grub2 Wrote: 想多了。
Linux vdisk只支持部分发行版,不支持其他系统(比如FreeBSD),更别说macOS。
如果你想通过opencore启动macOS,可以用espack把opencore打包成img,再通过opencore启动macOS。但是opencore启动dmg好像要满足一些条件,如果能启动任意dmg就爽了。

看 Docker-OSX 的 dockerfile 是 FROM archlinux:base-devel 的,不知道 vtoyboot 支不支持,或者可以迁移到 ubuntu ?上面的想法并不是vdsik去支持mac OS,而是想vdisk中安装一个用户无感的虚拟机环境,再让 macOS 在虚拟机中运行。所以自觉称之为“引导”macOS是不太合适的。
opencore 可以部署在EFI中与ventoy相互切换。我在硬盘上安装了macOS,但由于不是主力机,所以没有任性分配硬盘空间,用起来不是很爽,而且每次我想重新整理一下硬盘,想到重装macOS的麻烦就放弃了,也算节省时间了,估计下次就真的移出硬盘了。