Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Possible to make EFI partition the 1st one?
So I use a very large NVMe drive in a 10gbps USB caddy as my ventoy drive. I sometimes decide to do other things with the drive, but because the EFI partition is after the iso partition it makes it hard to dynamically resize capacity of iso partition vs 3rd extra partition. I'd like to move the EFI partition to #1 but when I tried ventoy no longer finds the iso partition.

If I was able to load linux/windows disk images off of the extra partition then across different machines (disk orders are different) this is no longer a problem. I consistently have 200-300gb of isos so a static iso partition size is fine for this use case, its the img/vhd sizes that change often.

I also plan on resizing the EFI partition to add space for UKIs which will boot OS's off of actual partition on same disk. I can figure out the grub.cfg
NO.
The Ventoy disk layout can not change.

But I think there is an improvement for your problem.
When you want to resize your 1st ISO partition, you can just completely delete the 2nd EFI partition, then resize your 1st ISO partition and finally use Ventoy non-destructive Installation.
https://www.ventoy.net/en/doc_non_destructive.html

2. The EFI partition size can not be changed.