Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Windows Boot Manager error -winload.exe
Hi,

I created a Ventoy USB with a few ISO and WIM images. Great tool !

A few of them, all windows related, fail to start with the same "Windows Boot Manager" error (see attachement), the file missing is "winload.exe".

ISO :
- All Linux images works.
- Hiren's CD (HBCD_PE_x64.iso) fails to start with the above Windows Boot Manager error.

WIM :
- Mini windows 10 starts successfully.
- Win8, Win10 and Win11 recovery images fails to start with the above Windows Boot Manager error.

Ventoy boot mode is BIOS.

What did I missed ?
Thanks.
(04-04-2024, 09:13 AM)pled Wrote: Hi,

I created a Ventoy USB with a few ISO and WIM images. Great tool !

A few of them, all windows related, fail to start with the same "Windows Boot Manager" error (see attachement), the file missing is "winload.exe".

ISO :
- All Linux images works.
- Hiren's CD (HBCD_PE_x64.iso) fails to start with the above Windows Boot Manager error.

WIM :
- Mini windows 10 starts successfully.
- Win8, Win10 and Win11 recovery images fails to start with the above Windows Boot Manager error.

Ventoy boot mode is BIOS.

What did I missed ?
Thanks.
Send me an error wim boot file as you describe (Win8, Win10 and Win11 recovery images fail to start with the above Windows Boot Manager error) and your HBCD_PE_x64.iso
Forgot to mention that Hiren's CD image is starting fine when using the ISO file directly.
(04-04-2024, 09:56 AM)pled Wrote: Forgot to mention that Hiren's CD image is starting fine when using the ISO file directly.
The error occurs when booting normally or wimboot?
(04-04-2024, 10:31 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 09:56 AM)pled Wrote: Forgot to mention that Hiren's CD image is starting fine when using the ISO file directly.

When booting normally. Tried wimboot for WIM files, but same error.
(04-04-2024, 10:33 AM)pled Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 10:31 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote:

When booting normally. Tried wimboot for WIM files, but 
Send your Hiren's CD image up, I'll test it and fix the error
Need to precise that the memory address (status) is not the same for WIM files et Hiren's CD ISO file :

WIM Files :
File : \Windows\System32\boot\winload.exe
Info : The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains error.

ISO file :
File : \Windows\System32\boot\winload.exe
Info : The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains error.
Sorry sorry : It seems I have some copy issue, Hiren's CD checksum is not good, I copy it again, looks good, remove the key, insert the key : checksum is wrong...

I have to investigate, may be USB key issue...
Update : copy issue confirmed : actually, system gives me prompt (cp command executed) although file copy is far (very FAR) from finished... :-(

Sorry for raising that post...