Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does not boot from ventoy usb, no ventoy menu appears
I properly installed (from Windows 10) Ventoy on a USB stick a couple of days ago and copied a Linux Mint iso and a Puppy Linux iso to the proper partition (reformatted as FAT32), but my computer refuses to acknowledge Ventoy.

I first tried it by accessing the boot menu from BIOS (UEFI, secure boot disabled). Selecting the proper boot option does nothing and I return to the BIOS screen. When I select Windows, it boots up normally. I tried switching the correct boot option to the top of the boot priority, saved and exited, but it still booted to Windows as if the option didn't exist. I also tried to boot again directly from the boot menu this time (instead of accessing the boot menu from BIOS), it still didn't work. 

I have live-booted Linux Mint on this machine from this same USB stick previously (I used Etcher then) so I don't think it's a hardware problem either. Can anyone help me? This is my first time posting to a forum like this, so I hope I have provided all the information needed.
Some thing to check:
1. Disable secure boot option in your BIOS.
2. Don't enable secure boot support option when you install Ventoy.

If still not work, try both MBR and GPT partition style when install Ventoy.
(08-12-2022, 02:21 PM)longpanda Wrote: Some thing to check:
1. Disable secure boot option in your BIOS.
2. Don't enable secure boot support option when you install Ventoy.

If still not work, try both MBR and GPT partition style when install Ventoy.
Thanks for replying, yes as I mentioned, secure boot was disabled. I will try both MBR and GPT partition styles the next time I install Ventoy