Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing 1st drive to nffs causes boot to Grub prompt?
Hi,
I'm having a hard time getting Ventoy to work when the data partition uses nffs.
There isn't much use having a terabyte utility drive if a person can pick the damn thing up and readily access everything on it!

Also, if a person wants to experiment with MS tools on a Util partition, not using nffs is problematic!

When the 1st data partition is exfat the f'ing thing works.
When I try doing a hard boot on a machine with ntfs, there's an error that the uefi partition can't be accessed & Ventoy goes to a grub prompt.

The boot partition is 32 MB fat.

This is so ridiculous. Once a person changes the first data partition to exfat, then they have a nightmare booting vhdx images. The images work in VM Ware, VBox, and during a hard boot on a physical notebook.

I don't know what edits are necessary to fix data partition ntfs issue or getting Ventoy to boot a vhdx image without generating a stop error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phill

(07-31-2022, 05:34 AM)Digi-O Wrote: Hi,
I'm having a hard time getting Ventoy to work when the data partition uses nffs.
There isn't much use having a terabyte utility drive if a person can pick the damn thing up and readily access everything on it!

Also, if a person wants to experiment with MS tools on a Util partition, not using nffs is problematic!

When the 1st data partition is exfat the f'ing thing works.
When I try doing a hard boot on a machine with ntfs, there's an error that the uefi partition can't be accessed & Ventoy goes to a grub prompt.

The boot partition is 32 MB fat.

This is so ridiculous. Once a person changes the first data partition to exfat, then they have a nightmare booting vhdx images. The images work in VM Ware, VBox, and during a hard boot on a physical notebook.

I don't know what edits are necessary to fix data partition ntfs issue or getting Ventoy to boot a vhdx image without generating a stop error.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phill
Hi, I finally found out the issue with converting the 1st data drive to ntfs. I've been deleting the volume and recreating it with nffs. I needed to only format the existing partition from exfat to ntfs. I'll keep smashing my head on the vhdx boot issue.

Messages In This Thread
Changing 1st drive to nffs causes boot to Grub prompt? - by Digi-O - 07-31-2022, 05:34 AM