Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10/11 setup Error"A media driver your computer need is missing" ventoy 1.0.74
OK, so it is not a problem with latest Ventoy. But it has been reported that Ventoy 1.0.57 works so can you test that version?

If you use Rufus to make a bootable USB drive using the same ISO, does that also give a similar problem?
If so then it must be that Microsoft have not added the correct USB driver into that ISO (or maybe the BIOS settings for USB configuration can be changed?).

Also, is this an official Microsoft Download - and if so, did you download it from the official Microsoft site using a Linux system and direct ISO file download, or did you download it by using the Microsoft Download Tool under Windows? And which exact version did you download? Country, edition, dual/single, x86 or x64, etc.
(05-23-2022, 07:49 PM)Steve2926 Wrote: OK, so it is not a problem with latest Ventoy. But it has been reported that Ventoy 1.0.57 works sp can you test that version?

If you use Rufus to make a bootable USB drive using the same ISO, does that also give a similar problem?
If so then it must be that Microsoft have not added the correct USB driver into that ISO (or maybe the BIOS settings for USB configuration can be changed?).

Also, is this an official Microsoft Download - and if so, did you download it from the official Microsoft site using a Linux system and direct ISO file download, or did you download it by using the Microsoft Download Tool under Windows? And which exact version did you download? Country, edition, dual/single, x86 or x64, etc.
thanks a lot for your help. Lets go. The isos are clean unmodded directly from microsoft

10 ltsb 2016 x64
10 ltsb 2016 x86
10 ltsc 2021 x64
11 21h2 (same error)

with rufus isos work perfectly, so the problem is with ventoy. also, i tried 1.0.57 version and i have the same error.

the only "change" that i did is to put ventoy.dat file to all the isos with ultraiso to make them compatible

ive tried 3 different sticks and 3-4 different pcs (legacy and uefi)

also the partition is exfat and diskpart shows the partition. i cant find what is wrong  Sad
Quote:the only "change" that i did is to put ventoy.dat file to all the isos with ultraiso to make them compatible

According to https://www.ventoy.net/en/compatible.html Windows ISOs are not Ventoy Compatible so why do you think you need to add a ventoy.dat file?

What about an unmodified ISO file? There is no need to modify ANY ISO file, Ventoy 'just works' with 99% of all unmodified bootable ISOs.
(05-24-2022, 07:33 AM)Steve2926 Wrote:
Quote:the only "change" that i did is to put ventoy.dat file to all the isos with ultraiso to make them compatible

According to https://www.ventoy.net/en/compatible.html Windows ISOs are not Ventoy Compatible so why do you think you need to add a ventoy.dat file?

What about an unmodified ISO file? There is no need to modify ANY ISO file, Ventoy 'just works' with 99% of all unmodified bootable ISOs.
So, you believe that the problem may be that i "modified" the isos? I will try again with stock iso
Here is how solved mine on HP laptop with Error "A media driver your computer need is missing" right  after "Setup is starting" window..

I realize both ventoy current and old versions were still showing the error with win10_21h2 so I added win10_1903 and it pass without any

error. So what  I did was I open win10_1903 with poweriso  and replaced it install.win with win10_21h2 install.wim then  save.

Voila the error just vanished. I was able to complete installation.. Hope it works on all PC's.
(05-26-2022, 04:36 PM)vyros4u Wrote: Here is how solved mine on HP laptop with Error "A media driver your computer need is missing" right  after "Setup is starting" window..

I realize both ventoy current and old versions were still showing the error with win10_21h2 so I added win10_1903 and it pass without any

error. So what  I did was I open win10_1903 with poweriso  and replaced it install.win with win10_21h2 install.wim then  save.

Voila the error just vanished. I was able to complete installation.. Hope it works on all PC's.
Do you mean boot.wim?
(05-26-2022, 06:53 PM)Steve2926 Wrote:
(05-26-2022, 04:36 PM)vyros4u Wrote: Here is how solved mine on HP laptop with Error "A media driver your computer need is missing" right  after "Setup is starting" window..

Do you mean boot.wim?
No,  install.wim or install.esd
But install.wim contains the Windows source file that you are installing onto the target hard disk, so you would be installing the old windows edition.
(05-28-2022, 08:33 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: But install.wim contains the Windows source file that you are installing onto the target hard disk, so you would be installing the old windows edition.
Not really, Let me walk u thru again.. u open any previous version of windows 10 which has compatible drivers with any iso editor, in my case 

win10_1903. Then delete it install.wim/esd(1903). Now mount the current version of windows copy it install.wim/esd(21H2) to the old version

then save it. remember to change the file name to the current verison of windows.. it 'll install the current version of windows(21H2) while using the old version's setup files. I try it with 3 different PC n it successful.. Smile
Oh sorry! I misread what you said originally.
Yes, well that shows that the boot.wim in the 21H2 ISO is missing a driver that the previous version had.