Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acronis Rescue Media CD does not boot with Standard setting
Hello,

I created an Acronis Rescue Media CD with the Rescue Media Builder with Standard settings (Win PE - Windows recovery environment). When I boot the ISO there is only the promt "press any key to boot from CD/DVD" and then it jumps back to the boot loader.

Afterwards I created the Acronis Rescue Media CD with setting "Win PE - Windows 8, Windows 8.1 Windows 10" which is created with Windows ADK and this can be bootet via Ventoy.

Tested with Windows 10 as OS.

Had someone else also this problem? Can this be perhaps solved? I guess other people will only recognize that the ISO does not boot and try another USB Boot media creation tool.
(02-03-2022, 04:48 PM)Mosed Wrote: Hello,

I created an Acronis Rescue Media CD with the Rescue Media Builder with Standard settings (Win PE - Windows recovery environment). When I boot the ISO there is only the promt "press any key to boot from CD/DVD" and then it jumps back to the boot loader.

Afterwards I created the Acronis Rescue Media CD with setting "Win PE - Windows 8, Windows 8.1 Windows 10" which is created with Windows ADK and this can be bootet via Ventoy.

Tested with Windows 10 as OS.

Had someone else also this problem? Can this be perhaps solved? I guess other people will only recognize that the ISO does not boot and try another USB Boot media creation tool.
Can you give me the link to download Acronis Rescue Media CD.iso boot error?
I created a new iso and you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sqZkdGs...sp=sharing
(02-03-2022, 07:36 PM)Mosed Wrote: I created a new iso and you can download it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sqZkdGs...sp=sharing
What version of ventoy are you using? I tried booting AcronisBootablePEMedia.iso with ventoy1.0.64, it always succeeds, you can check if there's something wrong with ventoy on your usb. It's best to upgrade to ventoy1.0.64, if you want boot AcronisBootablePEMedia.iso from hdd, go to ventoy file manager future by serhat100 in Ventoy Discussion Forum
I use Ventoy 1.0.64 with GPT table. UEFI, Win 11

I see only "press any key to boot from DVD..."

I can boot e.g. Hirons Boot CD PE, Ubuntu, Veeam Recovery.
E.g. the Eset rescue disk is not bootable for me at all. Via Ventoy I get a fuzzy screen after language selection. When I create a "eset-only" usb device I get only a black screen after language selection.
(02-04-2022, 05:06 PM)Mosed Wrote: I use Ventoy 1.0.64 with GPT table. UEFI, Win 11

I see only "press any key to boot from DVD..."

I can boot e.g. Hirons Boot CD PE, Ubuntu, Veeam Recovery.
E.g. the Eset rescue disk is not bootable for me at all. Via Ventoy I get a fuzzy screen after language selection. When I create a "eset-only" usb device I get only a black screen after language selection.
You must press any key
Wink That does not work. For sure i tried this...

But I read somewhere that Ventoy is doing this also automatically.
(02-04-2022, 10:16 PM)Mosed Wrote: Wink That does not work. For sure i tried this...

But I read somewhere that Ventoy is doing this also automatically.
In uefi mode,with a weak configuration of 4g ram, I booted AcronisBootablePEMedia.iso that you created with aioboot but it failed, using grubfm, you can enter the windows logo a bit, then reboot yourself, extract boot.wim to hdd and then boot from aioboot; grubfm; ventoy is successful. Why create an iso file when you can directly boot the wim file?
That is the standard behavior from Acronis.

As I wrote I created an alternative iso that I can boot.
But a "standard user" will let Acronis create the standard iso which seems to be not bootable via Ventoy. It is bootable if you create an Acronis-only Boot medium.

So my idea was that someone checks why ventoy can not boot the standard iso and perhaps find a solution.
vt_debug on shows an error. It attempts to load the wim file 3 times and then fails.
No idea why...

With Legacy it shows the Windows four blue squares logo on a black screen and hangs. On UEFI64 it just returns back to menu after 10 seconds or so of trying to load wim file.
ISO does not uefi-boot on agFM (grubfm) either.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)