Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to boot an ISO from ventoy_grub.cfg menu
The F6 menu extension allows us to have our own menu.

But how can we use the Ventoy functions to boot to an ISO?

For instance, if I use 'e' grub2 menu edit key when selecting an ISO - I can see the function call

iso_common_menuentry

So I would like to make a menu entry in ventoy_grub.cfg that calls this function with any ISO.

Code:
menuentry 'Boot Ubuntu' --class=custom {
     iso_common_menuentry "${vtoy_iso_part}/ISO/LINUX/010 Ubuntu v20.04.3 (64-bit).iso"
}

This does not quite work. Perhaps some other variable needs to be set?

Some more documentation on how to load  ISOs, VHDs, IMG, WIM etc. using Ventoy would be useful.
F6 is designed for custom grub2 menu.
Ventoy's boot function need many many conditions and some function must be run in specified order.
They are not desiged to export for custom menu.
So F6 custom grub2 menu can not use internal Ventoy boot function. Can only use common grub2 command.
That is a pity. It would have been a very useful feature because users could then make their own menus and themes exactly how they wanted but still use Ventoy to boot.
(10-20-2021, 01:00 AM)longpanda Wrote: F6 is designed for custom grub2 menu.
Ventoy's boot function need many many conditions and some function must be run in specified order.
They are not desiged to export for custom menu.
So F6 custom grub2 menu can not use internal Ventoy boot function. Can only use common grub2 command.

Is there any other way to add custom menu entries ? i've more than a single custom menu to add...how can this be achieved?
Steve2926's request is not for general users, you need a separate communication channel with longpanda, if available, longpanda opens a channel for professional users, can customize more code
@Marckov
See https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_grubmenu.html