Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kali Linux with persistence and Secure Boot Enabled
(07-20-2021, 07:08 PM)Build-0-Matic Wrote: "Need -c persistence.conf option. And use Live USB Persistence boot opt"
Now, where the heck do I put that -c persistence.conf option?

Hi, sorry for the late reply. It is needed when you create persistance file by yourself: 

Code:
sh CreatePersistentImg.sh -l persistence -c persistence.conf

You can read about that here: 4. Backend Image File. Create by yourself.

But you can also use pre-created files from https://github.com/ventoy/backend/releases. For example, persistence_ext4_4GB_persistence.dat if you use kali.

Quote:In Ventoy, did you go in the menu to enable Secure Boot and then update the stick?

Sure, I turned on secure boot in Ventoy menu and updated Ventoy on the stick

(08-16-2021, 07:56 PM)思无邪 Wrote: I also encountered the same problem, do you want to install kali into a physical machine?

Why not try the live version?

Hello, sorry for the late reply. No, I don't want to install it. I use Kali Live with persistance, just wanna make it work in Secure Boot mode

(08-22-2021, 07:38 AM)Steve2926 Wrote: Boot to Kali ISO
You should see a menu with a list of entries
Choose the 'Live USB Persistence' menu entry

Hi, sorry for the late reply. The problem is that I can't make Kali Live work in Secure Boot, just mentioned that I also use persistence plugin. It works fine when Secure Boot turned off, but when I am trying to boot with Secure Boot turned on I receive error message (on the photo above)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kali Linux with persistence and Secure Boot Enabled - by dude - 10-19-2021, 10:11 AM