Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WriteFile error ErrCode:87
Hello All,
I have run several version of Ventoy on many drives with great success!  Love this project.
My brand new drive, OWC Envoy Pro FX (Thunderbot 3/USB-C) fails to work with Ventoy. I have tried many versions and they all fail in the same way.
I have tried 2 different computers, the LiveCD, and a Linux VM, which all fail in the same manner.

I have attached the log file for your assistance.

Thanks.

P.S. Log now added.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 17.03 KB / Downloads: 3)
Don't see an attached LogFile...  Confused
(02-28-2021, 07:51 PM)FroggieTheGremlin Wrote: Don't see an attached LogFile...  Confused

Uploaded file Smile  Thanks for the catch.
(02-28-2021, 06:28 PM)strongbad75 Wrote: Hello All,
I have run several version of Ventoy on many drives with great success!  Love this project.
My brand new drive, OWC Envoy Pro FX (Thunderbot 3/USB-C) fails to work with Ventoy. I have tried many versions and they all fail in the same way.
I have tried 2 different computers, the LiveCD, and a Linux VM, which all fail in the same manner.

Thanks.

P.S. Log now added.

What's the result when you use Ventoy-LiveCD to install?
(03-01-2021, 04:32 AM)longpanda Wrote:

Thanks.

P.S. Log now added.

I have attached screenshots of the various errors encountered (using VMWare Fusion to boot 1.0.36).  The drive is not bootable using either MBR or GPT disk setup.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-01-2021, 01:21 PM)strongbad75 Wrote:

Thanks.

P.S. Log now added.

I have attached screenshots of the various errors encountered (using VMWare Fusion to boot 1.0.36).  The drive is not bootable using either MBR or GPT disk setup.

When boot VentoyLiveCD select c to enter shell and run these commands and give me the result:
Code:
parted /dev/sda p
fdisk -l /dev/sda
cat /sys/block/sda/size
(03-01-2021, 03:10 PM)longpanda Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 01:21 PM)strongbad75 Wrote:

Thanks.

P.S. Log now added.

When boot VentoyLiveCD select c to enter shell and run these commands and give me the result:
Code:
parted /dev/sda p
fdisk -l /dev/sda
cat /sys/block/sda/size
I booted the VentoyLiveCD on my PC.  Same errors happen when trying to install Ventoy onto the OWC drive.  Drive is now sdb not sda.  The picture attached are the results of all three of those commands.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I known.
Ventoy currently only support logic sector size 512. You device is 4096. So it's not supported now.
(03-02-2021, 01:10 AM)longpanda Wrote: I known.
Ventoy currently only support logic sector size 512. You device is 4096. So it's not supported now.

Thanks for the helpful info.  Any plans to support 4096, if so timeline?