Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ventoy and macOS section
Hi everyone, I like Ventoy, it's beautiful and works great, until I decided to add the "mac os extended ed journaled" section to the Big Sur image, after that the flash drive stopped loading
I got two partitions, the first 40 GB exFAT that creates Ventoy and the second 15 GB mac os extended ed journaled, perhaps this is not done so, I'm sorry I'm not experienced in these matters, is it possible to add the ability to break a flash drive not only in exFAT in one piece?
I don't have a Mac, so I can't help with that.

But, assuming Macs boot in GPT mode by default, be sure to familiarize yourself with Ventoy's required disk layout, especially regarding acceptable formats. E.g., see:

Quote:
Idea When a post helps you in any way, please rate it. Thank you. [Image: rateit.png]
What I would do is start over. And create the ventoy disk with reserved space 15000 Megabytea then in your Mac format the 3rd partition. Ventoy requires 2 partitions.

Hope this helps.
(02-25-2021, 12:40 AM)Премьера Wrote: Я бы начал все сначала. И создайте вентой диск с зарезервированным пространством 15000 Мегабайт, затем на вашем Mac отформатируйте 3-й раздел. Ventoy требует 2 перегородки.

Надеюсь это поможет.

It would be cool if Vento could do this at the level of a User Interface, well, like a checkbox, to make a section for the image of makos
(02-28-2021, 03:31 PM)Mitai Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 12:40 AM)Премьера Wrote: Я бы начал все сначала. И создайте вентой диск с зарезервированным пространством 15000 Мегабайт, затем на вашем Mac отформатируйте 3-й раздел. Ventoy требует 2 перегородки.

Надеюсь это поможет.
It would be cool if Vento could do this at the level of a User Interface, well, like a checkbox, to make a section for the image of makos

I have setup a GPT drive with multiple Mac OS (Extended Journaled and APFS) partitions.  The secret was to create a big partition (60-80+GB) using the Partition Configuration selection.  You then format it as exFAT and use Mac Disk Utility to create all your desired partitions.
(02-25-2021, 12:40 AM)Premiere Wrote: What I would do is start over. And create the ventoy disk with reserved space 15000 Megabytea then in your Mac format the 3rd partition. Ventoy requires 2 partitions.

Hope this helps.

If you make a reserved partition of 15 gigabytes, the disk utility simply does not see it...
(03-01-2021, 12:17 PM)Mitai Wrote:
(02-25-2021, 12:40 AM)Premiere Wrote: What I would do is start over. And create the ventoy disk with reserved space 15000 Megabytea then in your Mac format the 3rd partition. Ventoy requires 2 partitions.

Hope this helps.
If you make a reserved partition of 15 gigabytes, the disk utility simply does not see it...

I found that you need to format this 15GB partition within Windows for disk utility to see it.  You can then reformat it to Mac OS Extended (HFS+).