Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Plugin, and how?
I have a PPKG file that I would like to have automatically detected during a windows 10 installation.

The current process is as follows:
Boot Windows 10 with Ventoy
When the OOBE screen comes up, we insert the USB stick with the PPKG file
Windows 10 completes its final configuration

What I would like to do:
Boot Windows 10 with Ventoy
Choose the PPKG file (or perhaps an autounattend.xml?)
Windows 10 installs/completes on its own

I know there is a plugin to do unattended installations, but I haven't found a way to "inject" the PPKG.

Any advice or direction is appreciated.
Ventoy is on a USB stick also, can you put the PPKG file in the Ventoy USB stick?

Ventoy does have a "injection" plugin, the files will be injected to the Windows PE enviroment (e.g. X:\Windows\)
https://www.ventoy.net/en/plugin_injection.html
If you put it on the stick, then (I believe) it will *always* use it (which I don't necessarily want).

I have seen the injection plugin, but I don't know where I would "inject" a PPKG to make Windows recognize it. I assume I would have to zip up the PPKG so it can be extracted to somewhere, I just don't know where. According to what I have seen, it requires customizing install.wim, and I'm trying to just use Ventoy and the plugins to accomplish this so I can use the generic unmodified ISO files for Windows 10.

Any suggestions for where I would try to inject the PPKG? (And am I correct that I need to zip it?)
For Windows, Ventoy will decompress the file at X:
You could us Ventoy Auto Installation Plugin, there you can choose which XML-file you want to use

or

you could integrate the autounattend.xml directly into the image. The process is described at https://www.winreflection.com/windows-10...ounattend/
I always put the autounattend.xml into the root of the ISO and it picks it up while booting.
Why not make the one that you think that your brother would be proud to own and the one that you would be proud to make him Why not make him one of each....now thats what a brother really wants for Christmas