Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't boot any Os
Hello guys, i'm really enjoying this project, but i don't know why from 2 weeks on my Lenovo Yoga 14 ventoy can't boot any Os.

There's not secure boot activate, i tried with csm activate or not, i used 2 different usb keys, i tried 4/5 Os' supported, Ventoy boot (in UEFI) but when i choose an Os it remain a black screen and doesn't do nothing. Did anyone my same problem encountered? Thanks a lot whoever can help me Big Grin
1. Please try with some Linux ISO file e.g.  Ubuntu/CentOS ...
2. In the Ventoy boot menu press c to enter grub shell run  vtdebug on  and then press ESC to return then select the ISO to boot
(10-22-2020, 09:59 AM)longpanda Wrote: 1. Please try with some Linux ISO file e.g.  Ubuntu/CentOS ...
2. In the Ventoy boot menu press c to enter grub shell run  vtdebug on  and then press ESC to return then select the ISO to boot
After multiple "Enter" i'm arrived at "Install block io protocol A685CB18" says "Press Enter to continue" but it doesn't show nothing
(10-22-2020, 12:18 PM)Soffio Wrote:
(10-22-2020, 09:59 AM)longpanda Wrote: 1. Please try with some Linux ISO file e.g.  Ubuntu/CentOS ...
After multiple "Enter" i'm arrived at "Install block io protocol A685CB18" says "Press Enter to continue" but it doesn't show nothing

1. Does ventoy boot fine before ?
2. Can you test the USB drive with another machine?
1. Yes, i used a lot 1.0.22 version maybe, rightnow i've tried 1.0.25 and yesterday 1.0.24 but it give the same problem
2. I tried the same USB Drive in another computer (edit: and it works, doesn't work only on my lenovo) and i tried a different USB Drive on my Lenovo... i use Xubuntu 20.04.1 to test Ventoy
You can "update" Ventoy in the USB drive from 1.0.25 to 1.0.22 or 1.0.21 and test again.
(10-22-2020, 02:28 PM)longpanda Wrote: You can "update" Ventoy in the USB drive from 1.0.25 to 1.0.22 or 1.0.21  and test again.
I've tried, nothing works Sad
Maybe output is going to external display?
When you select an ISO - does the USB flash drive LED flash for 10-20 seconds as the ISO loads?
Maybe try menu in console mode not graphics mode?
(10-24-2020, 01:55 PM)Steve2926 Wrote: Maybe output is going to external display?
When you select an ISO - does the USB flash drive LED flash for 10-20 seconds as the ISO loads?
Maybe try menu in console mode not graphics mode?
- No it's not going to an external display
- Yes, only for few seconds by the way
- Which commands i've to do?

Thanks a lot for your help