Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Looking for documentation on CreatePersistentImg.sh
The Ventoy Linux version contains a file "CreatePersistentImg.sh" when the tar file is expanded into the Ventoy folder along with all the other Ventoy needs. In that folder, too, there is a README file.

Can someone steer me to any documentation on what this, "CreatePersistentImg.sh", is? 
And how to use it when creating a Ventoy bootable disk?

The README file give NO clue to what it is nor when it is to be used. The following is the README
Code:
========== Ventoy2Disk.sh ===============

sudo sh Ventoy2Disk.sh { -i | -I | -u } /dev/XXX  XXX is the USB device, for example /dev/sdb.

Ventoy2Disk.sh CMD [ OPTION ] /dev/sdX
  CMD:
    -i  install ventoy to sdX (fail if disk already installed with ventoy)
    -I  force install ventoy to sdX (no matter installed or not)
    -u  update ventoy in sdX

OPTION: (optional)
  -r SIZE_MB  preserve some space at the bottom of the disk (only for install)
  -s          enable secure boot support (default is disabled)
  -g          use GPT partition style, default is MBR style (only for install)

========== CreatePersistentImg.sh ===============

sudo sh CreatePersistentImg.sh

sh CreatePersistentImg.sh  [ -s SIZE_IN_MB ] [ -t FSTYPE ] [ -l LABEL ]  for example:

sh CreatePersistentImg.sh                ---->  persistence.img in 1GB size and ext4 filesystem and casper-rw label
sh CreatePersistentImg.sh -l MX-Persist  ---->  persistence.img in 1GB size and ext4 filesystem and MX-Persist label
sh CreatePersistentImg.sh -s 2048        ---->  persistence.img in 2GB size and ext4 filesystem and casper-rw label
sh CreatePersistentImg.sh -s 4096 -t xfs  ---->  persistence.img in 4GB size and xfs  filesystem  (ext2/3/4 xfs are supported)  and casper-rw label
If no documentation exist, could someone show a use case(s) of how this applies to the Ventoy bootable that is created, please?

Thanks in advance
Smile Happy to learn how to ...

Messages In This Thread
Looking for documentation on CreatePersistentImg.sh - by GCMartin - 08-24-2020, 04:48 PM