Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 legacy mode setup problem
(10-04-2022, 03:09 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: Try booting your iso with grubfm_multiarch.iso from https://github.com/a1ive/grub2-filemanager/releases, download grubfm_multiarch.iso and copy it to ventoy usb(hdd) and load it from ventoy
OK, I did the test, I downloaded grubfm_multiarch.iso, I put it in the ventoy, I started it and through the grubfm I opened the windows iso, it behaves better, it does not crash and opens the installation normally, but unfortunately, it has the same errors found in the ventoy , it can delete partitions, format partition, but it does not create, showing the same two errors that give in ventoy, photos attached.
I also tested grubfm_multiarch.iso in EFI mode, as in ventoy, it works correctly, and it installs windows normally as well.
Error only happens if using legacy mode.

(10-04-2022, 11:25 AM)jlsupremo Wrote:
(10-04-2022, 03:09 AM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: Try booting your iso with grubfm_multiarch.iso from https://github.com/a1ive/grub2-filemanager/releases, download grubfm_multiarch.iso and copy it to ventoy usb(hdd) and load it from ventoy
OK, I did the test, I downloaded grubfm_multiarch.iso, I put it in the ventoy, I started it and through the grubfm I opened the windows iso, it behaves better, it does not crash and opens the installation normally, but unfortunately, it has the same errors found in the ventoy , it can delete partitions, format partition, but it does not create, showing the same two errors that give in ventoy, photos attached.
I also tested grubfm_multiarch.iso in EFI mode, as in ventoy, it works correctly, and it installs windows normally as well.
Error only happens if using legacy mode.
I think I found the problem on one of the pcs I'm testing, now on the other I didn't find any equivalent option in its bios.

I'm doing the tests, from what I'm seeing the problem is in the Windows 8/10 Features option in the BIOS, if you have Other OS, it didn't show an error it worked in legacy mode, but if it's in the Windows 8/10 option, it shows the errors.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows 10 legacy mode setup problem - by jlsupremo - 10-04-2022, 11:25 AM