Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 legacy mode setup problem
(09-30-2022, 04:43 PM)nguyen ha thai trong Wrote: Going to windows setup means that ventoy has given permission to windows setup and finished the task, so the error you mentioned is clearly the windows setup or boot.wim. Try to rest and see when using nlite to create iso with the ability to windows upgrade.
the problem is with using an external HD, as I said in the post above, the same iso with a 32GB pendrive works perfectly, I noticed now that several of my iso's are not loading either, and it always worked, it probably won't be a problem with version .80 of ventoy and yes a problem with something related to being an external HD, I'm going to do a test now with one of these iso that didn't work on the HD on a pendrive to see if it happens.

(09-30-2022, 04:47 PM)Steve2926 Wrote: Some legacy BIOS have the 128Gb limit bug on USB disk accesses.
Could this be the problem? How is your 1TB USB drive partitioned?
If the Ventoy Partition 2 is after 128GB on the disk then the BIOS is probably OK as it legacy boots OK.
I don't know how to partition using ventoy, I let it do its normal work creating the external HD only with ventoy, and including all the iso's that I would use, so far I've always used a pendrive, but I would move to HD for having a much larger size than my flash drive.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Windows 10 legacy mode setup problem - by jlsupremo - 09-30-2022, 04:49 PM