Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot access Partition 1 under Linux .vtoy
USER INTERFACE PROBLEM WITH VentoyPlugson

When using VentoyPlugson - how do I know if there is a "control_uefi" section defined in the ventoy.json file?

e.g. 
1. start with NO ventoy.json
2. set control tab VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_CHECK to  1
3. now I go to control_uefi tab  - it says in web page VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_CHECK is set to 0

So I would expect VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_CHECK to be 0 when I UEFI boot but it is actually active when I UEFI boot !!!

However, if I now go to control_uefi tab and set VTOY_DEFAULT_MENU_MODE to 1, VTOY_WIN11_BYPASS_CHECK is still showing as 0 but it is now not active when I uefi boot!

The problem is that VentoyPlugson does not tell me if any of the control_legacy, control_uefi, control_ia32, control_aa64 and control_mips sections are defined in the ventoy.json file or not.

This means that what I see in those tabs may or may not be true depending on whether the control_xxx section actually exists in the json file.

I think this could be solved if you detected if a section control_xxx was present and indicated this on each of the tab pages when they were selected (see attached):

Also, would be nice if we could delete a control_xxx section and thus make all settings in the tab for control_xxx inactive.
i.e. reset control_xxx settings.

P.S. What do + and - buttons do?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cannot access Partition 1 under Linux .vtoy - by Steve2926 - 10-02-2022, 12:06 PM