Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does not boot from ventoy usb, no ventoy menu appears
I properly installed (from Windows 10) Ventoy on a USB stick a couple of days ago and copied a Linux Mint iso and a Puppy Linux iso to the proper partition (reformatted as FAT32), but my computer refuses to acknowledge Ventoy.

I first tried it by accessing the boot menu from BIOS (UEFI, secure boot disabled). Selecting the proper boot option does nothing and I return to the BIOS screen. When I select Windows, it boots up normally. I tried switching the correct boot option to the top of the boot priority, saved and exited, but it still booted to Windows as if the option didn't exist. I also tried to boot again directly from the boot menu this time (instead of accessing the boot menu from BIOS), it still didn't work. 

I have live-booted Linux Mint on this machine from this same USB stick previously (I used Etcher then) so I don't think it's a hardware problem either. Can anyone help me? This is my first time posting to a forum like this, so I hope I have provided all the information needed.

Messages In This Thread
does not boot from ventoy usb, no ventoy menu appears - by sen - 08-12-2022, 12:09 PM